Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows whether it would be complex/expensive or simple to change parts and get the tighter turning radius of the 02's on an 01. Would be nice for a car that is a daily driver.
Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good question. The same thing has occurred to me before. And while we're on the subject, I wonder how many other z06 owners would be interested in custom leather interiors, including seats (think Porsche or BMW) for their Z's and other Corvettes...

There is a thread about seats and fitting them into the C5. I think one of the posts said Recaro's wouldn't go in. In this case I am talking about refitting the current seats with new custom leather covers and possibly integrated lumbar- and side-support.

Don't mean to put down the current job, but IMHO, I think most drivers that come from the M3/911/Euro-style car (and some who don't) probably miss some of the interior refinements that go along with comparable Euro high-performance/luxury GTs.

Granted, the Z blows them all away, not just in accelaration, but also handling, braking, slalom and any other raw performance measure one can think of.

I know this is sorta flame bait :D , but just expressing my opinion.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
loucas said:
And while we're on the subject, I wonder how many other z06 owners would be interested in custom leather interiors, including seats (think Porsche or BMW) for their Z's and other Corvettes...
How is that anywhere NEAR "on the subject" of '02 steering parts on an '01? :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, I figured a wise-a$$ would point that out... :p

But, yes, there is some remote connection of subjects here. The original question (i.e., turning radius) is really about improvement. It is just a specific form of such. I brought up the seats and interior as a topic of improvement as well...

:guiness:

(still waiting to get her back from the shop :( )

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really hoping to get an answer on the steering parts.
On the seats, do a search of the many threads on this topic. Caravaggio has leather seats and interior, but at 3.5K per seat its more than I would want to put in a 50K car.
Jim.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I think I mentioned this is my initial observations that the steering did "feel" different on the road. There may be a multitude of minor changes and improvements in the entire steering componentry.

I do not know the exact differences, sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts