Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question about the 02 Z06. Will the current edition of B&B PRTS fit the 02 and will Halltech or Vortex come up with a different air intake for the 02?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Al, welcome to the Z06 Forum!!!! The B&B's should be the same, but I read that the MAF will be different, so I guess we have to wait until someone gets their hands on one, I am sure both Breathless and Hall Tech will have a intake out not too long after the 02's hit the streets./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
One of the forums posted info regarding the '02 Vet, and under changes for the Z06 it showed this:

Engine (LS6) Upgraded to 405HP/400 ft lbs. Torque.
New Air Cleaner
New Mass Air Flow Sensor
Revised Valve Springs and Camshaft.
Head Up Display (UV6) Made Standard Equipment on Z06.
Z06 Gets Thinner, Lighter-Weight Windshield.
Z06 Front Fender Emblem Displays HP.
New High Performance Brake Pads-Z06 Cast Aluminum Wheels Lighter by 0.15 kg Per Wheel (The 2001 was Forged Wheel).
Driver Convenience Package (AAB) includes Memory Presets & Electrochromic Mirrors Packaged Together as Optional Equipment on Z06 Hardtop.

Note: I found this info on the C5 Registry website.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

J

·
0 Posts
Interesting how GM is going to cast wheels for 2002 and yet they are lighter..Thats surprising..you guys think its the new squeeze casting technique they have been using on the C5 5 spoke late 2000-2001 standard wheel

·
Registered
906 Posts
Zippy, I read on "another forum" that the description of the 2002 Z06 was a late April Fool's Day post. Hard to get REAL info this time of year. As the Gummint always says: "...the following may or may not be true."

HarleyB

·
Registered
566 Posts
If I get an 02 I will try to keep my old wheels, for sure. That part I do not see as an improvement (cast wheel).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts