Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done any mods to an '04?
Anyone planning any mods to their '04?
Anyone have an opinion of what can/should be modded for auto-x or road course driving?
Please post the details and what you accomplished or hope to accomplish.
Thanks,
Stumbo

·
Registered
230 Posts
First mod for Auto-X or track use is the driver needs seat time. Best bet is to attend a couple of events and make sure you are really interested in continuing. Still interested ... change to an aftermarket shifter, sticker tires (tire & wheels if you are really serious) and proper brake pads for the event you choose (differrent pads for Auto-X versus Road track, same for tire choice).

I have a Hurst shifter, ceramic brake pads, and an ATI supercharger and Spec Stage 3 clutch. I haven't had it out for a track day yet and I concentrate on all around performance and streetability. I love the performance and all-around driveability. If I ever get an answer out of iForged on wheels (taking forever) I will probably also change wheels just for looks.

Later ... Larry S.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The same mods that are for an 2004 also apply to all 2001 thru 2004 Z06's. They pretty much apply to all years of the C5, 1997 to 2004. There is nothing that much different from your car than others. So if you are looking for suggestions you can get more idea's. :cheers:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
There is not to much that hasn't been modded on mine...

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts