Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a vararam and will have long tubes and x-pipe with NO cats (no matter how Mad Shop owners get when I tell him this :p ) . and then Tune it to stay that way for a LONG LONG time, Im deleting the 1-4 shift, uping rev limiter to 6800, and I wanna run cooler to make the most power all the time, can I just tune it like that? or do I need or will it benefit me to get a lower temp Thermostat? anything I need to complete the project? thanx for the help,

luis

ps. some of you might say "enough questions, get on with it already, just do it! " so I'll say it for you so we stay on track :p

·
21,378 Posts
If I were you, I would get a 160 stat and a Predator programer and be done with it. The performance tune will delete the CAGS and you can adjust your fans, rev limiter (to a point) and make small adjustments to air/fuel ratio. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jub jub said:
If I were you, I would get a 160 stat and a Predator programer and be done with it. The performance tune will delete the CAGS and you can adjust your fans, rev limiter (to a point) and make small adjustments to air/fuel ratio. :cheers:

so you're saying I can get about the same hp with the Predator as I would with a dyno tune? and I wont be running cats, so will the Predator allow me to adjust it not to throw codes without using 02 sims?

·
21,378 Posts
You'll still need the sims. Predator is limited to certain functions and that's not one of them.

The nice thing about the Predator is that you can use it as a scanner and monitor things like LTFT/MAP/SPARK etc. You can also reset codes.

You might not get the same HP as you would with a Dyno tune, but at least you will have a nice handy tool to show for your money.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My air to fuel is at 10.9:1, will the Predator be able to tune it to 13.:1 or whatever the air to fuel is doable?

·
21,378 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
My air to fuel is at 10.9:1, will the Predator be able to tune it to 13.:1 or whatever the air to fuel is doable?
I'm not sure sure. You have a +/- 5% range you can adjust the A/F ratio. I was able to adjust mine with headers and intake so my LTFT's were running at +5% on average. So I was still a little lean but not too bad. Anyway, as long as your in closed loop during cruise etc. the PCM does a good job of keeping you at the ideal A/F ratio. It's just the WOT blast where you'll run rich.

Hey, it's up to you what you want to do. I'm just telling you what I would do.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jub jub said:
Hey, it's up to you what you want to do. I'm just telling you what I would do.
and I appreciate that very much :thumb: actually I always wanted one of those Predators but I heard a dyno tune would give me more power, But the Predator would work well for me for right now so I could lean it out now and then re-tune it again when the headers are installed later without paying to get it tuned again! I can do that right? tune it now with the handhelf Predator and then re-tune with the Predator again after the header install?

thanx, you've been alot of help :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts