Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Not looking good at all.
When I clicked the link CF banned my IP address?
I never did like that site anyway :z:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Not surprising, though for those waiting disappointing I'm sure. This is why I never ever ever buy the first run of a vehicle.....if for no other reason than I don't want my new car sitting outside at the factory for weeks on end getting pelted by acid rain or god knows what else.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
snakecharmer said:
Not surprising, though for those waiting disappointing I'm sure. This is why I never ever ever buy the first run of a vehicle.....if for no other reason than I don't want my new car sitting outside at the factory for weeks on end getting pelted by acid rain or god knows what else.
That would be my biggest complaint, My new baby sitting out in the Weather :eek:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Better to contain any issues at the plant than to have something come out to a consumer and break/be dissapointing.

I'd rather have a date set out farther into the future that is reasonable and achievable than to have something impossible to meet and then have to move it 4-5 more times.

I'm sure the plant and the rest of GM knows that there is great speculation, and even greater anticipation for what ever is going on and when the car will release.

I'm just going to sit back with some popcorn and a beer, read the reviews and wait patiently for the car to arrive.

JDogg

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
If mine is available within 1.5 months of Jan 1, I'm going to have the dealer sell it and get mine after the first of the year. Here in MO, if you don't own the car on Jan 1, you don't pay property tax that year.

Jdogg,

Thanks so much for all the updates you have provided.
I just picked up 6 magazines yesterday and have to crack them open. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here's my post to the other thread. I wouldn't take this too seriously.

This sounds really fishy! Will Cooksey has been driving a C6 Z06 for months. Why would he be bugging a member of the (GM Board of Directors) for release of one of his own. If this were a QC issue he would be one of the people trying to resolve it, not clamoring for the release of a vehicle that is not 100%, and also would reflect poorly on the job his plant is doing.

This sounds really fishy! I said that before didn't I?

This sounds really really fishy!

·
Registered
306 Posts
My question is........and I'm assuming this will vary from dealer to dealer........is can I get my deposit back if the car gets delayed a couple of months? I mean, if it's gonna be Spring or later before I get my car, then I'd rather just wait.

I'm not really that impatient, but if I've gotta wait a year......I might as well wait 2 and get a huge discount.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Lankhoss said:
My question is........and I'm assuming this will vary from dealer to dealer........is can I get my deposit back if the car gets delayed a couple of months? I mean, if it's gonna be Spring or later before I get my car, then I'd rather just wait.

I'm not really that impatient, but if I've gotta wait a year......I might as well wait 2 and get a huge discount.
It depends on the dealer I would imagine.

If your car is produced already, it will be modified/upfitted to what ever changes are deemed necessary.

If you elect to relinquish your car, there is no guarantee of an immediate replacement, so depending on your dealer order bank/relationship, your availabiltiy may vary.

If your car is already built, I can't picture this being a *forever* delay. If it is a matter of a software re-program, it just means getting the car re-flashed....if it is a matter of fixing a bolt, it just means re-torquing a bolt on the cars.

It is far better to have this captured by the people that have built your car, that have the intimate understanding of the process, fixing the car than a person seeing your car for the first time.

If I keep telling everyone here to have a beer before they go all out of sorts, it will look like :cheers: :drunken: :guiness: :drunken: :puke:

·
Registered
581 Posts
In 1999, the initial S2000 launch wasn't delayed. However, a week before the launch they were under the dash installing additional clamps on the heater hoses at the pier.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I guess I have to feel okay for a change that my car is not coming until next spring. I would be going nuts knowing my car was sitting out in the weather for days and weeks on end.

GOLD72 :eek:

·
Registered
464 Posts
The SRT/10 Viper was held up after production started for
Emmissions certifications. I don't know if all that is done on these yet, but it is a new engine, so I suppose that could be all they are waiting for?

2Charmed

:idea:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe it's the DBS (Dead Battery Syndrome) problem that allegedly plagued some of the 2005's. I heard somewhere that they might eliminate the "Shift into reverse to park the car" requirement for the 2006 model year?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Still trying to find a dealer in Socal that will sell on at MSRP. GM bought back the C6 about 2 months ago and I'm still debating on getting the Z or a 911 of some kind, maybe wait for the 997 GT3.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would rather wait and have any problems taken care of at the factory than by an inept mechanic at my local dealer. I am sure Chevrolet wants these cars on the road as much as we do.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Definitely official now, it was in the daily e-mail I got from the Museum today. "A release date has not been given on Coupe / Convertibles. GM has also indicated that it will be into the 4th quarter before Z06 models will be available. We will keep you updated as information is made available. "

·
Registered
581 Posts
I noticed no one has shipped yet. That must be one heck of a parking lot they have.

I wonder if the C6 is also being held.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts