Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've got an 2001 Z06.I started her up Friday morning,while sitting there the Idle started searching,then smoothed back out?I backed out of the garage & started down my street,the car started to stumble then catch it self,I shifted in to 2nd and it stumbled again.I turned around and took the car back home,jumped in my other car and ran all my errands..Got back home started up the Z and it drove normal i went drove over town.stopping and starting,turning car on & off again problem never came back??Saturday morning started car up same problem came back.turned car off & let sit for about 10 mins started and she ran normal all day???This morning started car up,went driving problem was back!! turned her off for a few mins and she runs fine????Any help you guys can give would be great.I've got the service manuals & I suspect cold start circuit.Anyone had this problem before.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Try starting it up with the A/C off and see if that make a difference.
You can also try an Idle Relarn

An Idle ReLearn can be accomplished either of 2 ways:

1. If immediate computer upgrade is necessary or the car runs rough you need to initiate the 5 minute, stepped procedure.

- A/C OFF, Fans OFF
- Ignition OFF
- Disconnect Battery
- Wait 5 minutes
- ReConnect Battery
- Ignition ON (Do NOT START), wait 1 min.
- START to Idle, Verify A/C & Fans OFF
- Idle to allow H2O to reach 176 degrees
- Idle at H2O at or above 176 degrees for 5 minutes
- Ignition OFF
- Wait 30 seconds
- ReStart and verify smooth idle.

ECM/PCM will contuinue to relaern at a faster rate from a correct baseline. Usually complete in 50 miles.

2. If you are willing to wait for the computer to automatically relearn itself, it will take 100 miles, sometimes 200. You should also vary your driving habits during this time. Complete in 200 miles if no other changes made.

Note: ECM/PCM continues to slowly upgrade to your driving habits continually

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would the pcm lose memory? the battery has never been disconnected.Also I drove the car 200 miles yesterday & this morning the problem was still there?? the AC was not on at start up. Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey i have the car at work,it set for 4hrs temp guage says cold.started car and let idle it stumbled,so it happens when the car is cold??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey took car to dealer.mechanic drove car next morning(car stumbled) he then pulled codes from history,,turned out there were loose wires at the coolant temp sensor.also had steering column recall performed..Thanks

·
Registered
996 Posts
Hey Darryl, how's it going?

Glad you were able to get it fixed easily! I'm guessing the wify was afraid you bought a lemon or something :pp:

Oh, and did you replace those tires yet?

:cheers:
Geoff

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Geoff whats happening? She was pretty cool about the whole thing.I use to have a pretty nice 1986 vette,with a sweet cam in it,I was always troubleshooting and figuring out stuff on it so she knows one way or the other im going to get to the bottom of it..As for the tires,,after you told me they were not supercar tires I've been trying to wear them out,so I can go get the right ones.How come theres no hits on the Los gatos site??Did everyone move???

·
Registered
996 Posts
corvettedarryl said:
As for the tires,,after you told me they were not supercar tires I've been trying to wear them out,so I can go get the right ones.How come theres no hits on the Los gatos site??Did everyone move???
LOL wear them out??? I'm trying not to for my Pilot sports, but despite my... hum... "careful" driving, the back ones are melting :D

Speaking of tires, you did get my PM right?

What do you mean by Los Gatos site?

Geoff

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Geoff i mean this site. This is where i first learned about the bay area guys meeting,so i call it the Los Gatos site since thats where we all met up.I got your pm and the tires i have now still have good tread on em so it will be awhile before i get tires.Hey if you talk to Lonnie let him know that i ordered a partition from Andys today,,so he can let Miguel get the one that he has for sale..Talk to you later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts