Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When are you the most motivated to drive your hardtop?

My enjoyment is when the car shows start coming up, especially the Carlisle Corvette show. My wife and I get up early in the morning, about 5:00 am. We set out around 6:00 am, and from where we live there is a back way to go. It's a winding, secluded country road all the way to Carlisle. Usually I stop off to call on a friend of mine who has a '91 ZR1 and we then join forces with six other Vettes, starting with a '63 split red & white 327 fuelie, a '67 427, a 1970 LT1, 1960 Black & Silver, 1958 red & white and ending with a '57 red. This year we may have eight additional cars coming along. Midway we stop at this country diner where 50 or more Vettes stop besides our caravan and the list gets larger each year. We have breakfast and chat, and have a good time, then head off to the show. Let me tell you guys, our hands get tired with all the waving. One of the boys in the caravan has a big rubber hand sticking out that waves in the wind. Says it saves him the trouble. It really gives you a warm feeling, driving up to Carlisle.

Let's hear some of your stories.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Most every morning that I get in, start 'er up, and take her the 50 mile drive to work. Never seem to get tired of driving my FRC.
:cheers: :lol: :cheers:

C ya!

Dan

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Larry,

Any chance I get, as long as it's not raining or snowing. If I get a chance to run up to the store, i'm gone.

During the summer and fall when we go to the track. Ya stand out when you have 4 or 5 . Yes going to PA, man thats a lot of fun. So many cars.......

Ernie

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ernie King said:
Larry,

Any chance I get, as long as it's not raining or snowing. If I get a chance to run up to the store, i'm gone.

During the summer and fall when we go to the track. Ya stand out when you have 4 or 5 . Yes going to PA, man thats a lot of fun. So many cars.......

Ernie
Whoever is going to Carlisle this year, we should all get together and meet somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts