Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to change my plugs & wires soon. Is anyone here using the 'MSD' 8.5mm 'Super Conductor' (Red) spark plug wires that 'West Coast Corvettes' sell? I'm considering purchasing a set of these & want to see if anybody else here has/is using 'MSD's & how they like them. I think that these retail for $89.95/set.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
MDVZ06 said:
I'm going to change my plugs & wires soon. Is anyone here using the 'MSD' 8.5mm 'Super Conductor' (Red) spark plug wires that 'West Coast Corvettes' sell? I'm considering purchasing a set of these & want to see if anybody else here has/is using 'MSD's & how they like them. I think that these retail for $89.95/set.
I don't have them on my Z06 yet, but I run these same type of wires on my 600+rwhp Mustang. That car gets only the _best_ stuff, and needs an ignition that is always at the top of its game, or performance will suffer. The MSD's are outstanding wires. I've tried several other brands and I put the MSD wires at the top of the list from my experience.

FWIW, the local speed shop also recommends the MSD wires for the Z06. I'll have some shortly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Wes,
Have you decided if you are going to Hallsville this Sunday...
The weather is supposed to sunny and 58.

Chuck

·
Registered
179 Posts
RE: MSD 8.5mm, YES

Got 'em on both Vette's, wouldn't have it any other way! Great wires!

West Coast from what I understand is not a forum vendor anymore so you might want to try Summit Racing (1-800-230-3030) the price will be much better and service about the same.

You'll get more info here on the forum :z: then just place your order there for price. How's that for great service! :cheers:

Don't forget to use the factory heat shields with the new wires, they fit and they will help extend the life of your new wires so there is no reason not to!

Just a note. I pulled over on long trip, changed the stock filter to a K & N panel replacement and the wires to the MSD's along with just a touch of fuel stabilizer and I was getting 30.5+ MPG on cruise control on the flat open highway.

It's not the first time this has worked for me, I've done this before. I just wish I would've changed the plugs (to Bosch +4's) while I was there, but I was short on time. I know it would've gone up. Probably to 31.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts