Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as most of you know, the last time i used my ET streets i ended up braking my main shaft. Now whenever i see the ET streets i never think of putting them back again and using it to drag race. Do you think i should keep them and use them the next time i drag race and launch at a lower rpm or get the ET streets radial tires and forget about the old tires?
will the ET street radials have less chances or braking something or they are all the same??

thanks,
Ebrahim

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I'd be willing to bet it's more of an issue with that Exedy dual disc than the ET Streets. PM McRat and ask him what he thinks. He just did a huge write up on this very subject.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mjustmike said:
I'd be willing to bet it's more of an issue with that Exedy dual disc than the ET Streets. PM McRat and ask him what he thinks. He just did a huge write up on this very subject.
i thought about that too......do you know where can i find the write up??

thanks man

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dr.Ron said:
Although I broke (badly) on DR's, most think since there is much less sidewall flex that you'll break more on the DR's. People do break on ET Streets also, but USUALLY it's higher HP cars.. I was stock except a tune & Vararam on DR's when I broke... I now run ET Streets by the way..
would u prefer using the ET streets over the ET street radial?
whats the tire pressure? and do you slip the clutch or just release it? is the exedy clutch really that bad?? this is making me worried.. sorry for all these questions dr.ron, im sure ur the right person to ask when it comes to drag racing. thanks

ebrahim

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
405bhp said:
whats the tire pressure? and do you slip the clutch or just release it? is the exedy clutch really that bad?? this is making me worried.. sorry for all these questions dr.ron, im sure ur the right person to ask when it comes to drag racing. thanks

ebrahim
It's a tough call. With a near stock car I would say et radials, but both will work. With the et streets you might have to come out as little higher on the rpms. You can break on either. To be safe just run very high air pressure 20+ and don't come out over 5000 and you should be fine and get the feel for the car and track. The exedy is not bad it just clamps down really hard and it's not easy to slip. If your tires are spinning, your fine so make sure you keep the tire pressure up until you want to got for a max effort run when the conditions allow(great air). Practice on the street where your clutch grabs and try to bring the pedal up just before it grabs everytime you come from a stop. I believe Ronnie runs around 18 psi give or take a few and slips the clutch. With your clutch you'll need to slip it as much as you can. I would try to ride it on every launch at the strip. Goodluck.

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
405bhp said:

ebrahim
Well, I broke on DR's...Others, w/ more RWHP broke on ET Streets...I also now have hardened parts in the rear & a DTE brace....
I slip the clutch always. If you dump the clutch you increase your chances of breaking, especially if you have an after market (better grabbing) clutch.
As Rob said, I've been running 18psi.. The Et Streets have some sidewall flex, more than the DR's. Hopes this helps!
Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts