Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After extensive research and development, MTI is pleased to announce the release of our new 427 CID LS2 Shortblock featuring:

- A CNC Machined and Dry Sleeved LS2 Engine Block
- Lunati 4340 Stoker Crankshaft
- Lunati Billet Connecting Rods
- Wiseco Forged Aluminum Pistons with Teflon/Ceramic Coating
- ARP Main Studs

This is the same shortblock that's powering our new Devil Ray 427 Conversion package and is available either on an outright or exchange basis.

For complete details and pricing, please contact myself, Jeff or Chris at (281) 870-8787 and we'll be glad to discuss this with you in more detail.

I'll also have this new shortblock up on our website in the next day or two and some pictures in this thread shortly.

As always, thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

David Coates
MTI
Houston, TX

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I was down at MTI a couple of weeks ago and got to see part of the build process. Pretty slick setup. :coo:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
So which is better an LS1/6 Darton sleeved 427 or an LS2 427? pros and cons :cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
We'll be releasing more info regarding the Devil Ray 427 soon... David will post up once we get everything prepared for release.

Regarding the LS1/6 Darton vs. the LS2 427. Both blocks have their strengths & weaknesses, however, the LS2 is a siamese bore block with considerably more aluminum around the factory sleeves. This allowed us to engineer and build a perfect dry sleeve set up. We incorporated a large step at the top of the sleeve to ensure that the sleeve cannot move whatsoever once installed. We have been running this set up for the past few weeks in our Z51 C6. It's been working great and the performance has been unreal.

We'll post more soon as things develop!

Jayson @ MTI

·
Registered
497 Posts
MTI said:
We'll be releasing more info regarding the Devil Ray 427 soon... David will post up once we get everything prepared for release.

Regarding the LS1/6 Darton vs. the LS2 427. Both blocks have their strengths & weaknesses, however, the LS2 is a siamese bore block with considerably more aluminum around the factory sleeves. This allowed us to engineer and build a perfect dry sleeve set up. We incorporated a large step at the top of the sleeve to ensure that the sleeve cannot move whatsoever once installed. We have been running this set up for the past few weeks in our Z51 C6. It's been working great and the performance has been unreal.

We'll post more soon as things develop!

Jayson @ MTI
well done guys! very impressive! :yeadog:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Way to go MTI. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Phone Sales

I called them today and was put on hold FOUR TIMES! Not very good for business when your trying to get information for a sale....30 minutes later.....I got half an answer.....Not to mention I had to tell the rep my car was a 6 speed 3 times.....This CANT be normal.....

·
Registered
6,083 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have delt with MTI and have nothing but great things to say. I can only speak from my own experience but I called them almost daily while they were building my engine and they always had the time to talk with me. I personally delt with Chris and he was very knowledgable and friendly. Besides that I think there results speak for themselves. I STRONGLY recommend MTI,Buzz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts