Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the Y1 cam work n/a and on the spray.

234 240 .598 .608 113

seems like a good pick.

-Zee

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I have that cam. The motor was built for spray and that seemed like the perfect cam. I haven't put the nitrous on the car yet but, I expect it will produce great numbers. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome Case.
What kind of heads are you running on your motor?

Also any possiblity of a idle clip of your car? Any video?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I was considering upgrading to the Y1 cam, but was told by MTI it would require fly-cutting...So, I'm staying with the C2 cam for now. I like the specs on that cam.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
CraZee ZO6 said:
Awesome Case.
What kind of heads are you running on your motor?

Also any possiblity of a idle clip of your car? Any video?

I have a set of MTI stage IIR heads. Here's a clip :cheers:

xxxeditxxx Rob is correct...the Y1 cam will more than likely require flycutting.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RobGrnfld said:
I was considering upgrading to the Y1 cam, but was told by MTI it would require fly-cutting...So, I'm staying with the C2 cam for now. I like the specs on that cam.
Nooooo! I dont want to flycut. I was really into this cam. Damm! :cen:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
case2307 said:
I have a set of MTI stage IIR heads. Here's a clip :cheers:

xxxeditxxx Rob is correct...the Y1 cam will more than likely require flycutting.
Wow! Case your car sounds BAAD!

So no variation of this cam would work without flycutting? Maybe on a 114lsa? Dont get it big cams like trex or g5x3 fit. This should be a little smaller.

·
Registered
94 Posts
CraZee,

I've been following your cam threads... you are on the right track.

I just installed a G1 cam and stage IIe heads, but wish I had gone with a bigger cam. I have zero drivability issues after tuning. I made 430.2 rwhp at 12.9 AFR on a dynapack chassis dyno (which tends to read low). I made more hp with a more agressive tune, but I am spraying, so I left the tune a tad rich.

With the 150 NX setup I made 589rwtq, but the car was going lean. I think the fuel pump is maxed out. I switched to the 100 jets, and made 563 rwtq.

Good luck!
Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts