Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Which Z06 Muffler System Sounds The Best ?

• B&B PRT

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • B&B Route 66

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bassani

• Borla

• Borla XR-1

• Corsa Daytona

• Corsa Touring

• Corsa Indy Pace Car

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Flowmaster

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Stock Titanium

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Stock 2002 Titanium

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be a good idea to have a pole on which muffler system SOUNDS the best. Please feel free to describe the way your aftermarket exhaust sounds and participate in the pole. Thanks !

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
On the '01 the Indy's or PRT's sound AWESOME! I took a ride the other night in a '02 with Indy's and it was way too loud. Even too loud for me. I'm staying stock. I urge anyone who is considering an aftermarket exhaust on an '02 to check it out first. Doesn't our own C5 Venom have PRT's on his '02? FUBU69/LES

·
Registered
631 Posts
The 02 stock system sounds different from the 01 system. That's the one that I would vote for. I would suggest you also post the 02 stock titanium system as an option for this poll, cause the option on your board is stock titanium - they are dramatically different in sound without the precats and the extra airflow going through the engine on the 2002.

JMHO

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I like the stock Ti exhaust on my '01. Now, granted, I now hear the exhaust through TPIS headers, no pre-cats, and THEN through the Ti exhaust, but the note it similar to stock (and still what I really like).

Flowmaster were great on my Mustang. But I don't think these Z06's should sound like Mustangs (nor CAN they, I feel). The Mustang had a distinct note, which was fantastic -- and the Z06 has a distinct note, which is also great. I wouldn't want to go trying to make it something it's not (or shouldn't be). :)

-Kirk

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Guys:

I loved the sound of the Corsa Indy's on my '01 Zee, but I think they will be too loud on the '02.....we'll see.

Check out my new post on "new items" about the all titanium exhaust system I saw at Corsa's tent this past weekend! It is unbelieveably light!!! :eek:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
The B&B PRT's are the $ H I T, anyone that has heard my car in person can attest to that.

·
Registered
496 Posts
DARTH VETTER said:
The B&B PRT's are the $ H I T, anyone that has heard my car in person can attest to that.
I totally agree. The stock Ti system on my Z06 was pathetic sounding. The PRT's made the car sound like it should. I wish I could hear them on an 02 without the precats as I'm seriously considering long tube headers minus the cats. I think it will sound awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts