Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wondering if I can ask for a little input on my situation. I am a pretty good diy’r so I’m hoping I can tackle this on my own. My 03 has 10,400 miles on it. It’s a creampuff, garage queen, whatever you want to call it, it’s immaculate. Recently having an issue with abs, tc and ah flashing when driving. I pulled the codes and began to go through them, there’s quite a few. Most of them are battery related (every fall I take the battery out completely and leave it on a trickle charger) Some are pointing to the EBCM but I wasnt sure and hoping for some directives as to which step I should take next. Here is the order they were displayed.
10- pcm no codes
28-tcs C1214 HC
40-bcm No codes
58-sdm U1040H
60-ipc No codes
80-radio No codes
99-hvac No codes
AO-ldcm B2252-H
B2282-H
B2284-H
U1064-H
AI-rdcm B2283-H
B2285-H
U1064-H
A6-scm B0851-H
BO-rfa U1255-H

Thank you !!!

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,820 Posts
Not the best as old as the car has gotten to leave all the controllers without power and they are on the Starbus network and may have a harder time once power is back on to connect to the network and they have to go through a relearn process all over again
Can be worse when controllers like for radio flush out the password (if set) and finding a way to insert a new one

Better to leave battery connected and use a battery tender attached

All but one DTC is History so via DIC or a OBD-II scanner is clear all the codes and then get some drive cycles to allow controllers to get enough drive data to relearn into it's memory and then check if DTCs return

If the C1214 HC does not go away after cleared, either the battery is weak or
Common is a small relay in the EBCM has gone weak/bad, it is very small, gets overheated and contacts weaken

Some pay huge bucks for a new one ( $700 plus)

Some sent the EBCM to a place that repairs them costing less but still big bucks ( for a $2 relay) plus all the down time for round trip of controller being repaired

If your handy the EBCM comes out easy, buy a $2 relay and take the 2 halves of controller apart and replace relay, just has 4 pins to unsolder and
then solder new one in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All codes cleared except the C1214, looks like I will be removing the EBCM and replacing the relay.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,820 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts