Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waxed my Z06 for the first time saturday and, as I wa clearing off the hood, I notices a small paint chip the size of about the tip of a pen. I can't stand it and must send him in to get fixed. Does anyone know whether or not this is a cheap, easy fix? Can I expect to not be able to notice when I get him back. My poor little boy.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Because your car is yellow and not a metallic paint, it should be fairly easy and a touch-up should be able to fix it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Keep us informed.

·
Registered
528 Posts
There was a thread about this awhile back. This link was in it. I checked the site. It sounds good on face value. Has anyone every tried this system ?

Langka Paint Chip Repair

01 Z06 -MY/BLK,Zaino,Lowered,Ripper,Halltech Tric Ti,MAG,Magic Box - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro (454) - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Get touch up from the dealer and use a toothpick and not the brush from the bottle, clean the chip with alcohol and then fill the clip in with a VERY light amount of touch up, do this over a few day period to let each thin coat fully dry, and if done in these steps you will not see the chip, and of course follow with Zaino. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Get used to them. I'm not sure if it's the paint or the fiberglass but my vette seems to chip very easily. I've got several dings now on it after only 3K miles.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I bought a GM chip repair kit from Fitchner Chev. parts dept. Has everything you need except the base color.

·
Registered
138 Posts

On 2001-07-24 09:07, NetJunkie spewed forth this drivel:
I'm not sure if it's the paint or the fiberglass but my vette seems to chip very easily. I've got several dings now on it after only 3K miles.
Mine too. I just noticed some new chips on the hood and front facia. Looks like Zaino needs to come out with bullet proof polish

·
Registered
619 Posts
That's exactly why I was looking for a bra for the Z?

Oh well...........

You win some, you lose some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts