Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a year and a have of mostly truoble free performance on my car I finally took it in last Thursday for some warrenty repairs.
1. Leak around trim pieces above both doors.
2. Wheel, Scuffed by idiot the week before patching tire, to be repaired.
3. The Column Lock recall, I have not experienced a problem with it but thought better safe then sorry.
4. Drivers seat control box.Replaced.

Well, I get into my car Sunday to leave the golf course and the car is acting funny. When I started to pull forward it conked out. I started it again and it wasn't till I started to turn the wheel and the F***ING thing is locked!!!! and would kill the motor if I tried to drive off. Un beliveable!! The very thing I was trying to avoid has now reared its ugly head. I turned everything off and waited a minute or and started it up again and with no problems was able to drive off.
I'm thinking "What the F*** did they do to my car."
Now I'm driving down the road and go to engage cruise control. I engage it but it says that it is engaged for 5 mph lower than what I engaged at. I tried this several times before it would "stick". I have never had a problem with this before. Now I have to have talk with the dealership :bang:
I should have just left it alone. :drunken:

·
Registered
92 Posts
If it isn't broken, why fix it??

Really though, sorry to hear. I hate taking my Vette to any dealer. The last time I was there, they scratched my door with the little key box on the window. :flaming:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sorry to hear.

IMO what happened with your column lock has nothing to do with the recall, other than if the column locks is is supposed to stall. :cheers:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yep... I love my Zee to death, but out of any car I've ever owned, the Zee is definitely the most "quirky" car of the lot. I bought her in December, and I've already taken her in about 5 times. Here's a rundown of the problems I've had thus far:

1. Gas tank drops to "E" very prematurely (usually shortly after filling up the tank all the way). Took it in 3 times for this! I've learned that it doesn't happen when I only fill it up half way, so I'll continue to do that...

2. Memory problem: the drivers side mirror keeps moving all the way outward to the left when the memory is enabled with the RKE after unlocking the doors remotely.

3. Very squeaky belts - took it in twice for this.

4. Leak on the upper part of both doors.

5. Just last week my A/C decided to cut out on me...just in time for summer!! My warantee has just expired too - just my luck! :flaming: I wonder how much it will cost to fix that?

6. Here's a new one I've been experiencing the past few weeks.. sporadically (about 1 out of 4 times driving), I've been getting the error code, "Service Active Handling", at which time the active handling becomes inoperative. It always goes away after I shut off the car and start it again, but something is obviously wrong, or the code wouldn't have shown in the first place.

I love the car to death, but if things continue to go wrong, I might consider trading it in - the problem is, for what car??? Nothing is nearly this much of a blast to drive, the power just takes you over, the handling is godly, and of course it looks damned beautiful! Oh well, I'll probably just continue to deal with the little quirks - I'm just grateful it hasn't been anything serious (knock on wood!)...

:cheers:

·
Registered
881 Posts
I won't take mine in for the recall. I won't take it for service. I never took it for warranty (expired now). If something goes wrong I will try to fix it myself if possible. The dealer is an absolute last resort.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
jub jub said:
:yeadog: :yeadog:

That's why I won't take mine in! :lol:

So far after 36K miles...mine hasn't been to the dealer yet...hope I didn't just jinx myself. :eek::

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Wingnut said:
So far after 36K miles...mine hasn't been to the dealer yet...hope I didn't just jinx myself. :eek::

Better run and find some wood to knock on!!

Just kidding!! :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
mjustmike said:

No...you're probably right and I already did!! :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey rocket.

Mine will occasionally kick the "service active handling" up. I got some opiniions from a tuner, and they think it might be the car is a little out of alignment. Is yours in line?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
RalphP said:
I won't take mine in for the recall. I won't take it for service. I never took it for warranty (expired now). If something goes wrong I will try to fix it myself if possible. The dealer is an absolute last resort.
Listen to Ralph, Those boys will re-flash your PCM if your not careful..

D.J.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

·
10,998 Posts
Z06 Rocket,
As to problem of the gas guage. I had that also and I now use predominantly Chevron gas with Techron which keeps this at bay. I used Shell before and I still mix the two but Techron seems to really do the job of keeping the sensors clean.

Sorry about your problems George.

·
Registered
159 Posts
perfectionist82 said:
hey rocket.

Mine will occasionally kick the "service active handling" up. I got some opiniions from a tuner, and they think it might be the car is a little out of alignment. Is yours in line?

Interesting.. yeah I think mine is pretty much in line - there's a slight pull to the left, but nothing major. I'll have to get a professional opinion to see if my alignment needs some work... if it does, then who knows, it could be that; hopefully it's nothing serious!
IMO, the A/C not working is something serious, not to mention extremely frustrating, esp now that it's summer. My friend said it could be something as simple as the A/C belt coming loose, but with my luck, it's something a lot worse than that... :(

:cheers:

·
Registered
597 Posts
mjustmike said:
What I've found is that if you're currently driving the car, there's usually some "Wood" real close that you can knock on :eyes:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
IT L GO said:
Sorry to hear.

IMO what happened with your column lock has nothing to do with the recall, other than if the column locks is is supposed to stall. :cheers:
I beg to differ. Mine locked a couple of days after I took it in to get the recall done. I never had any problems before that, and right after I took it in, it locked. That was on my black one. I just got the recall for my yellow one, but I decided against taking it in. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :jammin:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
buy the column lock bypass kit..

will take care of it .

·
Registered
878 Posts
did the recall 6mos' ago-they re-flashed the computer..actually i think my 01 runs better since the recall work-wierd. :( ..it seemed to be a little "crisper" ,maybe its just mental :bang: with me,
anyway hope things works out for you..to me the Z is a quazi-race car and will be somewhat "quirky"IMO, for the $ ,its not the refined expensive german or italian car..its a chebbie :jammin:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Wow.....I feel the same when it comes to taking in to dealer. Go in for one thing, come out needing this and that. I seen this type of stuff on "NIGHTLINE" where they are caught on hidden cameras, etc. Well, i wish you the best. And, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Keep that in mind when THINIKING about marriage too......If it been working all them years, why change the way things been working? Hahahahaha :lol:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I refuse to take my car in to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts