Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks guys for all of the support on the "will you still love me if..." thread on trading in my 02 Z for a C6.

I just got through talking with my dealer and realized that the car he has had on order that should arrive the first week or so in March has 1SB and Z51, Victory Red (so far so good) but also has....OnStar and XM which I don't really care about but could deal with.

Now, the deal-killer is that it has the transparent roof. I don't mean any disrespect to those of you who like/prefer the transparent tops, I just prefer the solid one.

He called around and tried to find another dealer or something to swap it out for a solid one but didn't have any luck.

Now we're talking about ordering a new one, just the way I want but I'm slightly bummed about the wait time. (He's going to get back with me on an ETA, but you know it'll be a couple of months).

The roof really does make a difference to me (I don't want to pay $750 for a roof I don't want)

Almost makes me just want to keep my 02 Z.

What do you guys think? (Just seeking general opinions)

Thanks all.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I have the Glass tops on my 88 and my 93 Vettes. I think there are great and I would not buy one without this option if it was available. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
If you want a solid top, keep looking around or go ahead and order it again. The longer you wait, the longer before you get it. Sorry to hear about the error in the order.

Order the right one so you enjoy it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed, I told him to order. Still waiting on confirmation.

It wasn't really an error, I was getting a car they had already ordered, I just didn't find out about the roof until kind of late in the game.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I'd go with geetting EXACTLY what you want, even if it meant waiting a bit longer.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Get what you want now, if not, you will be sorry later.

Good Luck, Jack :cheers:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a question.

If I order an 06 Coupe, how early do you think I could get it?

I mean, if I exercise patience, I may as well get a fresh one just a few months later.

Is the earliest you can get an 06 August? Or could I just order by then.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Stogo said:
I have a question.

If I order an 06 Coupe, how early do you think I could get it?

I mean, if I exercise patience, I may as well get a fresh one just a few months later.

Is the earliest you can get an 06 August? Or could I just order by then.

Thoughts?

The General will not be producing any 2006 C6's (all models) till after Labor Day. This is a big change. I don't know why yet :z:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's crazy late!!

That being said, whaddya think the odds of me ordering one way before then are and having it delivered ASAP (post Labor Day)...?

Do they let you order the vehicle before it's in production?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would wait to get what you want, always better in the long run. My 02 coupe had the glass roof, and I couldn't stand it! I would never want that again. How bad could it be to keep the Z a little while longer?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Stogo said:
That's crazy late!!

That being said, whaddya think the odds of me ordering one way before then are and having it delivered ASAP (post Labor Day)...?

Do they let you order the vehicle before it's in production?
Before the change, production started in late July and dealer's could start taking orders in late May or June. So if this holds true you can place your order for a 2006 in July. Call one of our new car dealers and see what they have to say. :z:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Get the car you want. it's not as if your not driving a great car now. If you get it with the roof you don't like you'll regret it. GET THE ONE YOU REALLY WANT. you patience will be rewarded with the joy afterward. There won't be a coulda shoulda woulda.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well....you're right

It's not like I'm driving a piece of crap now.

I talked to a local dealer and he say's he can make the order in April/May and have the car delivered possibly by Sept/Oct.

Thanks for all of the help guys, I really think this is the right way to go....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts