Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on my brg DR's on the stock rims the other day and they hook really well, but. For some reason when i drive the car over 50mph it seems like i am fighting the wheel to stay on the road. About 2 weeks ago or so i lowerd the z on the stock bolts and had it alighned the next day with the stock F1's.
The car felt great before i installed the bfg's now it feels like im driving a boat and i mean its BAD! Should i have the alighnment checked out or could this be something eles.
315-30-18 BFG DR's. PLEASE HELP! Regards Rob.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
What tire pressure are you running?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not really surprising. You're running soft sidewall'd drag tires in the back, of course the car is going to feel a boat.

You get used to it. I get the same feeling every winter when I switch to my snow tires.

Dope

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
600hpIsntEnough said:
I checked and they are at 44psi. This is not normal i would have to think. Theres almost no control. Thanks for the input
44 PSI to much, lower tire pressure to 32 PSI and 18 PSI for the strip. 32 PSI for the street will not help your boat feeling though. I used 25 PSI on the street on my Trans Am with good results. :cheers:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
23 psi?! thanks for the input ill try lowering the pressure.
I think im gonna have the car go back on the rack and have it checked out. Hope i can figure this vessel out. :z:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I've read the BFG's are not at all suitable for a daily driver tire. To and from the strip only. I've heard the Nitto's are a very suitable tire for daily use. As I should have my new set installed tomorrow, I can very shortly provide feedback on this.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
MikeyB said:
I've read the BFG's are not at all suitable for a daily driver tire. To and from the strip only. I've heard the Nitto's are a very suitable tire for daily use. As I should have my new set installed tomorrow, I can very shortly provide feedback on this.

the only reason the Nittos would be better daily drivers is becausse they last with thread longer because they have more thread and are harder therefore wear slower then BFgs. BFGs are good as long as they dont get bold and go in the rain, as long as theres thread the BFGS act the same in the wet as the Nittos, and BFGs hook alot better then the Nittos...

600instenough, the BFGs are fine tires for daily driving if you have money to keep replacing them every 2-5k miles, depends on how you drive and use them, I drive mines to the track and they are more all over the road then the stock tires, remember the wider the tire the more you are going to be all over the road because of the groves of the road, a wheel weight as fallen off my rims on the rear and it does feel worst so that could be a possiblity...

on the other hand I lowered mine on stock bolts and then aligned and it felt worst then before aligment, It does handle better on turns but all over the road on crusing, I guess I asked for an aggressive handling aligment and that could be part of that :coo:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
BFG"S suck unless the road is perfect. It's kind of hard to describe. The whole car becomes very unstable. Much like a high speed woble on a bike.. NOT GOOD!!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
COUTO1981 said:
the only reason the Nittos would be better daily drivers is becausse they last with thread longer because they have more thread and are harder therefore wear slower then BFgs. BFGs are good as long as they dont get bold and go in the rain, as long as theres thread the BFGS act the same in the wet as the Nittos, and BFGs hook alot better then the Nittos...

600instenough, the BFGs are fine tires for daily driving if you have money to keep replacing them every 2-5k miles, depends on how you drive and use them, I drive mines to the track and they are more all over the road then the stock tires, remember the wider the tire the more you are going to be all over the road because of the groves of the road, a wheel weight as fallen off my rims on the rear and it does feel worst so that could be a possiblity...

on the other hand I lowered mine on stock bolts and then aligned and it felt worst then before aligment, It does handle better on turns but all over the road on crusing, I guess I asked for an aggressive handling aligment and that could be part of that :coo:
I really appriciate ur advise. This is not a daily driver because of gas prices so i will only be running the car some of the time on the street. Gotta love a 4 bangin bike! Once again thanx for the input. Rob.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
COUTO1981 said:

:

That is not accurate. Many factors play into the handling, mainly sidewall stiffness when it comes to DR's. And now that I have my Nitto DR's mounted, I can say for sure the tire is much different than the info I read on the BFG's.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts

check your pressure in the AFT .. LOL

sorry ..
couldn't resist..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts