Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put 225 miles on my 03 Z yesterday. First long trip it has been on. It was truly a great ride. No problems on the way there. But, on the way back about 10 Miles from home I am driving down the interstate @ 75 mph. and my car starts whining. Now i can't tell if it's tires or the rear end or what. I have drove that same stretch of hwy. before and never noticed it. I do have the factory F1's on the car with 15000 miles on them. They do still have good traction on them. Does anyone know what i am talking about? Have any of you had this problem? Or is it back to the dealer? :mad: Now it only did it in like 5 second increments. Could it be a belt? The sound was like if someone was hurt and moaning in agony. Any help would be apprciated.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
TruBluZ06 said:
I put 225 miles on my 03 Z yesterday. First long trip it has been on. It was truly a great ride. No problems on the way there. But, on the way back about 10 Miles from home I am driving down the interstate @ 75 mph. and my car starts whining. Now i can't tell if it's tires or the rear end or what. I have drove that same stretch of hwy. before and never noticed it. I do have the factory F1's on the car with 15000 miles on them. They do still have good traction on them. Does anyone know what i am talking about? Have any of you had this problem? Or is it back to the dealer? :mad: Now it only did it in like 5 second increments. Could it be a belt? The sound was like if someone was hurt and moaning in agony. Any help would be apprciated.

could be those fat 295 grabbing on the roads groves :cheers: :drunken:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I hope you are right. But with all of the other clanks, knocks, and grinds the car makes it sure does worry me.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Better than having your wife or old lady whine!! :zboobie:

·
21,394 Posts
Depending on road surface, my car will whine. Usually on new black top it sounds out. I'm also running F1's.

·
Registered
892 Posts
jub jub said:
Depending on road surface, my car will whine. Usually on new black top it sounds out. I'm also running F1's.
Yeah, same here. I've heard some really strange whining/moaning/howling sounds coming from those rear tires on certain pavement!

It's normal - don't worry about it unless the sound is constant and happens on all road surfaces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts