Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I first placed my order with Rick Daniel at Maxie Price (by hearing about him on this site) on 9/6 by wiring 1K to secure my order. I took delvery 9/22. I think that expains it all---Rick makes it happen.

I got the call last Friday afternoon...Rick called to say my EB Z is ready for delivery and it's in perfect condition. He did not want me to book a flight until he could inpspect it. My wife and I booked a flight that night for EARLY the next morning.

The wife and I decided to just take the first flight to Atlanta early Saturday morning and forget about all the terrible things that have happened recently. We took a 5:45AM flight outta Dallas/Ft. Worth and were scheduled to land in Atlanta at 9AM. We were kind of nervous, the security was thororough.

When we landed, I called the number to the limo service that Rick gave me and our stretch Lincoln was there in 10 minutes with refreshments on board. When we arrived at the dealership---Rick was just like I thought---courteous, cordial, welcoming and down to business. He knew I was there to drive and not shoot the shit.

Maxie Price closed this deal in record time....one hour at the most.

We shook hands, he gave me the keys, we took a few pics, (see website below) told me not to forget to keep her under 5K RPM's and be easy on the brakes during break in.

I was off!---the first time I turned that key over it scared the shit out of me. I could not believe the sound that this car created. While driving off the lot....I did my best to not stall the engine with Rick and his coworkers waving us good-bye. My hands were shaking--I could not believe what I was driving!

It only took 2 seconds on the road to realize that I have just purchased was not just a car----but a racecar. With windows up and AC running--the sound and power was amazing!

Others on the road would pull up beside us on the interstate and just give a big "thumbs up". Several Vette owners included......I know that there are not many 2002 Z's on the road about now. I even had a red 2001 Z ride up next to me through Birmingham, he knew that the EB was 2002 and I was packing 405hp, he gave me thumbs up and weaved ahead in thick traffic.

We took our time back to Dallas.....stopping at almost every reststop in every state on the way. I never got her past 5K RPM's the whole trip---I did not want to screw up the break in.

My Passport 8500 did save my ass several times (8 or 9)---and they were all instant on occasions. When home in Dallas---coming down 635 (12:30AM Sunday) we had every kid in a tweaked Subaru wanting a piece.

I dropped her into 3rd once and watched them dissapear in my rearview. This morning I woke at 7AM---still pumped full of adrenaline from the ride ---never got sleepy with this baby! And took her to wash off the bug-guts that I collected from GA to TX--and to check for any chips (I did get behind a few 18-wheelers).

No damage. Whew!

I now have 983 miles on her---and I took her out today and pushed it a little. This car will do things that are beyond the laws of physics! I ran 50 mph in 2nd and yanked her pretty good to the left to see when the back end would break loose----it wouldn't! It just made the turn so fast that my wife and I are now sore. (My wife really wishes that it has an "oh shit handle" for the passenger)--lol

I love the stock shifter and the BOSE system is sounding great to me. I am keeping this baby stock-except for the exhaust plate, MOMO shifter knob and a set of HRE wheels (but I might change my mind on the wheels, I love the look of these stock).

Rick--have a great vacation this week and don't forget I have a glovebox full of your business cards....so remember if you hear a new buyer say "Jeff Nation sent me" be sure to make a note. I will be back to buy the latest and greatest Vettes that Chevy makes through you my friend.

Take care all---I have some driving to do!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Jeff,

Congradulations on your new ride.My car was just built on 9/24 and will be delivered to Rick @ maxie.Since I live in california I'm going to have the car trucked by intercity lines.I won't get to meet rick,but i'm happy to hear you were treated right.So far Rick has been a gem.Enjoy Greg.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks dsinned,

Getting really excited.So excited i'm going to take a week off from work to celeberate.Greg.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts