Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 02 Z dyno'd this past weekend. With 650 miles it pulled 356 rwhp, 351 torque, temp about 78, fair humidity. Is this about right for a stock configuration? I was hoping for a little more. I guess it's time for some mods. I'm thinking that as the motor loosens up with miles it will go a little higher? It sure made some awesome music at WOT!:D

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Zrob,

I'm going to get mine done this Thursday. It will have just a few hundred more miles than yours (probably ~800). These motors _definitely_ loosen up and make more power...I've heard of some seeing an increase of 5-7rwhp with just some miles on them.

I think your numbers are good. Many that I've seen up here in Dallas are in the 350-355rwhp range.

I'm just going to get a baseline so I can start putting my mods on the car shortly. :D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
WA 2 FST you are so right!

A bunch of us guys dyno'd last Saturday and one of our forum members dyno'd his 02.

Last time he ran a 346rwhp with about 1K miles and yesterday with about 5K miles he pulled 359rwhp. :eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Rollin Black

Are thoses the only two mods you have on your 01 Z06:
The Donaldson and the 02 Exhaust?
And what part of the exaust did you swap out the Cat foward or everything?

Those are ipmressive #'s for those 2 mods.

Norm

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hello normjack.

The Donaldson does go through one of those smoothed out power ducts on it's way to the throttle body. Those are the only performance mods to date. I do have several apperance mods also.

I swappped the exhaust from manifolds to mufflers. Eliminating the 01 pups, H pipe and underseat cats for the 02 set-up. GM sells the 02 middle exhaust section in one neat and tidy piece (although large) for a quick and easy install :D

·
Registered
620 Posts
Rob,
That equates to about 418 hp and 413 tq. with a 15% loss.
If those are corrected numbers then you should be happy.
Dave

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hello Corvette Dave.

They are corrected numbers. I ran 366/367 non corrected.

Yes, I was happy with the dyno session, but need a few more mods to try and stay even with the 02's when they start to mod. :D

I am thinking headers and a new MAF?

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Rollin Black said:
WA 2 FST you are so right!

A bunch of us guys dyno'd last Saturday and one of our forum members dyno'd his 02.

Last time he ran a 346rwhp with about 1K miles and yesterday with about 5K miles he pulled 359rwhp. :eek:
That's about what my friend's LS1 T/A did after he got some miles on it.

Too bad I'll never know. :) After this first dyno session I'm doing the intake. Then I'll dyno again. Then I'm going to install a pulley, possibly headers, and for sure a small shot of nitrous.

Before it gets warm I'm going to do a t-stat and fan controller...but those certainly won't show up as gains on the dyno.

I'm hoping mine is over 350rwhp when I test on Thursday. But, if not...it will be shortly. :)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
WA 2 FST said:
Before it gets warm I'm going to do a t-stat and fan controller...but those certainly won't show up as gains on the dyno.
They sure could if the water temps are kept down during pulls. If the coolant temps are much above 200 deg F, there will be a slight HP decrease because of it ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts