Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the first Z06 since the 1963-only year with the 385h/p-as much hype as the new 06Z. Mine is a keeper- very very low miles-factory new cond. 100% stock and the real sports car color RED!! :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
My favorite is the 2003 - the only year with the 50th Anniversary badge, so there!

They're all good. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
bobby778 said:
the first Z06 since the 1963-only year with the 385h/p-as much hype as the new 06Z. Mine is a keeper- very very low miles-factory new cond. 100% stock and the real sports car color RED!! :yeadog:
It's the "original" of the new gen Z06... mine is also a keeper- very very high miles - "as good as can be expected" for 63,000 miles condition - daily driven as every real sports car deserves - Stock internals and wheels and silver to try blend in... :yeadog:

This cars going to be my daughters first car... she already has 20,000 miles as co-pilot, I figure she'll know it as well as I will by the time she's 16 - in 2014. :jammin: :z:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
What ever the '01 lacked sans HUD, I have taken care of!!
Couldn't pass up free money for 5 years!!
GM made it affordable and I made it equal to the 'average' (420 rwhp/397tq) Z!!

This one will be free and clear just about the time the new ones drop off the rich a-hole 'TO HAVE' list!!

Ken

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Zoomin said:
My favorite is the 2003 - the only year with the 50th Anniversary badge,

They're all good. :cheers:
:z: :z: They're all good

·
Registered
229 Posts
i did not want the hud because the hole in the dash is ugly and the frame reflects on the windshield in the morning, which is the only time i drive the car(sunday mornings) i wanted the forged wheels because i have no spare and i can't use the inflater/sealant kit with a bent wheel rim which is why gm put them on the car.i like the maf with the screen for more accuracy.i like the fender badge without the hp because that may change when time/money permits.i added the 04 shocks,swaybar endlinks,airlid,H pipe,raptor shift light,b&m shifter and there it is,Z06 my way.

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
dennisZ06 said:
i did not want the hud because the hole in the dash is ugly and the frame reflects on the windshield in the morning, i wanted the forged wheels because i have no spare and i can't use the inflater/sealant kit with a bent wheel rim which is why gm put them on the car.i like the maf with the screen for more accuracy.i like the fender badge without the hp because that may change when time/money permits.
I agree. I didn't want the HUD either. Sports cars don't need extra gadgets like that. I like the '01 wheels best, they're forged like my motor and they just look better. When someone sees the '01 badge they assume 385HP when I'm packing 538 instead. The screened MAF is good too.
From what I understand, the '01 Z has a fuel system that will support more HP than the later models. The best reason of all... mine is almost paid off. Would've been already, but at 0% for 60 months, what's the rush?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
No favorites here, like'em all.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Well I guess I like the 02 model, because I have one. :D
But really I like them all. :yeadog:

·
Registered
352 Posts
My 2001 MY has 12,000 miles. Just drive it on sunny Sundays...

·
Registered
711 Posts
I love my 02. To be honest the only thing that kept me from getting an 01 was not having the HUD. Call me funny but i always wanted to have a vette with the HUD lol.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Golffox said:
Glad to be a member of the 2001 Elite. Own one of 147 (SW w/MR interior) but feels more like 1 in a million.
Your car is one in a million! :yeadog: One bad ride. :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts