Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I don't modify my cars, per se. One thing many people told me I should do is to get the factory wheel weights taken off and put on the stick-on weights if needed.
So I brought the Z06 to the dealer and had all 4 wheels and tires matched (road-force balanced and indexed).
There was some minor blemishes in the clear coat from the factory wheel weights on the rims, but I think I can clean them up (very, very minor).
I know having stick-on weights are somewhat unsightly, but I think it's better in the long run than damaged rims.
Total cost at the dealership was $92.32 because only the front tires needed to be matched to the rims, the rears were fine.

I guess now I'm not 100% stock. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Mods: Tape wheel weights replaced the factory clip-on wheel weights.
Build Date: 6/21/01 (last day of '01 final assembly)
Purchased: 7/11/01

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Speedy,

Congrats i guess, are wheel wgts a mod???,
Whats the prob's w/fac wghts???
No Flame just curious what you heard???

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
IMA, I lost 2 of the factory ones at very high speed. I imagine at 150+ that little piece of lead could probably kill a man. Tsk Tsk GM....

JC

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the clear cost is cracked (by putting them on at the factory), or other damage when you have them rebalanced, etc, the aluminum could be exposed to the elements.

Plus it looks better without them.

Maybe it's being to nit-picky, but I'm glad I did it.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I was going to do this to my car, but was too scared to see what damage might have already been done behind the weights. So, my wheels are still 100% stock.

Now, as for the intake, shifter, lowering, and headers (that are coming in a week), well... That's a different story. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Kirk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts