- Long Tube Headers
- Ripper shifter

Good start?
:cheers:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum Spoony!! :cool:

Looks like you are off to a good start on mods. I would have some questions about a ported and polished throttle body. There are members here who have actually lost HP with this mod.

Zippy and I toured Katech Engines last year, they build the C5R engines. Here's the article: http://www.z06vette.com/pitroad3.php. During our visit I specifically asked them if they were seeing HP gains with the modified throttle bodies. Their answer was that you would only see a maximum of 5HP and that was only on highly modified engines, otherwise it was a worthless modification.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I also thought that short tube headers were the way to go on the 02 Z06. At least that is what I remember Jim Hall of Halltech putting in a post. Even there, I think that you might only gain 5-6 hp for $1000 + labor.

- Charley

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
CDHough said:
I also thought that short tube headers were the way to go on the 02 Z06. At least that is what I remember Jim Hall of Halltech putting in a post. Even there, I think that you might only gain 5-6 hp for $1000 + labor.

- Charley
Hey Charley,

Go to the "New Products" forum and look up the poll Jim had about the B&B shorty headers. He posted his dyno results from this last Wed.

They got 3.1rwhp out of them. :(

I was hoping it would be at least 8-10. There is a guy local to me that got 7rwhp/7rwtq out of the same headers on an '01 Z.

Anyway, I'm going to research long tubes before deciding. I don't think I'm going to spend $1k for 3rwhp...not with the engine being very close to stock.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I got 14 rwhp with long tube headers on my '01.
Ported TB as Frank said is useless, I tried one and it did nothing on the dyno.
There goes another 5%.:(

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
WA 2 FST said:

They got 3.1rwhp out of them. :(

WA 2 FST,

Doesn't seem worth the money on an 2002 to me either.

- Charley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts