Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jumped in the Z Sunday to go to church and before I could get out of the garage I got a gripe about low tire pressure in the left rear. Parked it and took another car until I could check it. Took it in Tuesday and sure enough I had picked up a screw. The guy I took too did not even charge me to fix it; he must be a Corvette fan. :)

Definitely made the hassle and expense of getting them put on worth it, as otherwise I probably would not have noticed and might have ruined the tire if I had continued to drive on it. A pity GM didn't see fit to include these as standard equipment.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sounds great. He did demount the tire and plug/patch it from the inside I hope and then re-balance it. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Wow. Cool! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
snakecharmer said:
Nope, plugged it from the outside. I didn't detect any vibs at all. It felt fine.
Our tires need to be patched from the inside also because of the speed rating.

Jack

·
Registered
292 Posts
snakecharmer said:
Definitely made the hassle and expense of getting them put on worth it,
Which manufacturer did you get your low tire pressure system from?
Thanks,
Stumbo

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Stumbo said:
Which manufacturer did you get your low tire pressure system from?
Thanks,
Stumbo
There is only one. "The General".

Search for "Tire Pressure Warning" and you'll find all you need to know about this *most* excellent upgrade. The car already has the smarts to do this, you only need install the sensors and find a GM Dealer with a Tech-II scanner who'd be willing to take the 5 minutes requires to scroll through some menus and enable the function in your Z's RFA computer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Shop around before you buy the sensors. Prices vary significantly. They are well worth the expense.

Charlie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts