Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, it's not a new ram-air intake or free-flowing exhaust -- it's a snazzy little frame lift from Bend-Pak that seems almost tailor made for our cars.

Here's a picture of my car off the ground in my garage:

Here are a couple more pictures showing just the lift so you can get a better view of it in the up or down positions.

The beauty of this thing is that it is only 4" high in the down position, so it easily clears the underparts of a stock height car. For parking, you can just drive up and over it -- it's not much harder than driving over a speed bump. The car will completely straddle the lift.

--Neil

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Neil,

Looks great! Have a few questions though.

Price/Vendor?
15mm = approx. 1/2". A lower recogmended setting for autocross/race.
Would this be a potential problem for those who have made this setting?

This is also good for showing car, to be able to get a good look at undercarraige ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
That is the the most compact lift I have seen. Is it ok with the rocker panels? More info please. like url. Thanks.

·
Registered
945 Posts
It's good, but if your car is low, like mine you couldn't use it with out scraping the rocker panels. 31/2 clearance from ground to rocker panels. I had to buy a 4 post lift anyways for storage purposes, but for those who have the clearance, it looks like the ticket!:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Neil,

Cal,

> Price/Vendor?

I ordered the lift online from ontool.com. This model was $1426 including shipping, plus CA sales tax. I have the "portable" model with wheels that allows a single person to move it around when empty. Without the wheels the price is $1235. I suggest getting the wheeled version since this thing weighs about 500 lbs and would be a real bear to move around without them.

> 15mm = approx. 1/2". A lower recogmended
> setting for autocross/race. Would this be a
> potential problem for those who have made this
> setting?

On my stock height car there is about 1 1/2" clearance, so I think it would still work for a car lowered only 1/2", but you would be getting close to the limits. I think the ultimate solution for clearance problems on lowered cars would be the tried-and-true method of using "pre-ramps" made from 1"x12" lumber. Of course, in this case you would need them both front and back.

> This is also good for showing car, to be able
> to get a good look at undercarraige

Yes, it was fun to finally be able to look up underneath my car at all the neat gizmos, and to finally be able to install my CAGS bypass :D. I was really surprised how clean it was under there considering all the mud, sand, manure, etc., that I have driven over on some of my backroads expeditions. Apparently our cars a so low (even stock) that not much can splash up under them.

--Neil

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
That's the neatest I've seen. Better than the KWIK-LIFT????

Now if it only weighed about 100 lbs, was low enough to bolt on to the frame, and ran on 12V.

:guiness: :guiness:

Rams vs Pat's. I'll take the points.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Naught

Question: It's hard to see the cross members in the pics. do they obstruct much access under there? Also what do they obstruct when the car is up?

It sure looks very nice. Looks like exactly what I am searching for!!

It will fit in my low garage, I can park on it so it does not need to be moved.

And it would save all the time it now takes to get the car up on 4 jack stands.

Thanks for the great post!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
gmblack3,

> Could you show us a pic with the car driven over it?
> Maybe it would help some of the people who have
> lowered the height of our cars. Interested in the
> clearance when the car is parked over the lift.

Here are a couple of shots showing the clearance on my (dirty) car. In the close-up you can see it's just a smidgen less than 1 1/2". One thing to remember is that you will also need clearance for your lifting pucks.

_______

--Neil

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rollin Black said:
Naught

Question: It's hard to see the cross members in the pics. do they obstruct much access under there? Also what do they obstruct when the car is up?
Here are a couple of shots from underneath that show where things line up.

From front of car:

From rear of car:

_______

--Neil

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
IMA Z06: Question - Your lift also looks good. Do you have an attachment that will also allow you to take off the wheels or do you do that the old fashioned way with a floor jack and pucks?

Naught - Thanks so much for the pics, just what I was looking for!! Looks like lots of working room and the cross bar does not seem to interfere with the engine at all.

Great info thanks guys!!

Rollin

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Very nice!! Thanks for all the pictures!!! One of the very best posts I've seen here! :cool: :cool: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts