Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We went to Famoso Friday night with a DA about 900 ft. my best was 11.37 @ 121.03 with 3/4 qtr tank of gas. Then today I made the back up pass of 11.36 @ 120.67 :jammin: I don't know what the DA was but I guessing 1500-2000ft. The track was prep'd awesome this morning... Then it went away bad. I had been launching at 6k both last night and early today then later in the afternoon when the bracket racing started for the WCCC I launched and went sideways enough for me just to give up the pass ,but still won because the other driver broke out, he thought I was in his blind spot. Backed it down to 4500 still got loose. My clutch is hating me :NoNo:

My problem is my MPH it should have been higher. I had Pat change the plugs to Bosch platinum 4+ and I think I lost a bunch of HP :eek2: At least I hope it is that simply :cen:

Here is the 11.37 pass
http://fuzzydiceracing.com/k/1137.mpeg

An 11.40 pass. Pat didn't get the 11.36

http://fuzzydiceracing.com/k/kat1140.wmv

This one just because :pp: Tommy was playing with my helmet and I told him I wanted to take a Pic. He says sure mom.. But wait a sec.. Walks over and grabs what he has in hand and says ok Mom :eek:o:

He must be related to McRat or jub jub :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would be willing to bet your problem is in those plugs.. those are junk. I wouldn't put a bosch plug in my lawn mower much less my Z. Awesome times non the less! switch out to some ngk's and you should notice a difference. :z:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Great times Kat ! Tell Pat to get rid of the bosch plugs ! In some cars they work good but the chevy they don't ! What clutch did you finally end up with ?

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Way to go Kat! Your car sounds great! I'll bet you'll pick up a few mph when you switch to some NGK plugs. I see some
high 10's in the near future! :eek:

Jim

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
One Hot Mama..........good Job!!! :jammin:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:yeadog: Thanks Everyone :cheers:

And a :ity: Special Thanks for Pat for prepping the car for me

Rob1Vet said:
What clutch did you finally end up with ?

Rob
We have the Spec 3. It held great but by the 2 or 3 pass I could start to smell it. I asked Pat if he wanted me to launch lower to save the clutch. He answer was "No drive it like you stole it" :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
We picked up power running the Bosch plugs with the stock motor. Guess it doesn't work with higher compression. Live and learn.

After 5 years, Kat is finally quicker than me. First I had 2 seconds on her, then 1 second, then .5, then .1, then .03, and now??? I could only go 11.40 @ 120 on a 1.59.

Congrats Kat!!!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Wow! Nice runs! :cool:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Kat, Congrats on the great run.. nice work.. yep dump those plugs... TR55's will work the best

Ernie

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Great runs Kat and Pat...We'll see you at Fontana next Friday...

Greg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Nice work Kat, soon we will have a 10 second Momma :jammin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts