Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, big thanks to Vince and the team at iForged. I am happy to repost it's another deal gone perfect!

Here are the first pics of my new wheels. My old stuff was a set of 18x10 & 19x11" iForged Aero's in Hyperblack. 2" lip in front and a 3" lip out back. They were the first wheels to get the Hyperblack finish from iForged and set a new standard for the company. They have now been replaced with iForged Daytona's in 19x9.5 & 20x11" sizes.

Today, I got in my new set of wheels, which are another first for iForged. They are the first set of the new Xtreme Lip Technology designs made for a Corvette. The new XLT design allows for a 2.5" lip in front that will now fit a big brake kit, and a 4" lip out back to maximize that aggressive look. I have examined these very closely and am pleased to say that the build quality looks excellent.....even better than before. The center section where it bolts to the hub is sturdier and the spokes look stronger and have seemingly more depth.

The Hyperblack fnish has also come a long way as well. It seems much more uniform and evenly coated over the wheel surface. The polished finish is flawless and I couldn't locate a flaw anywhere on the front or rear lip. I am extremely pleased. The only shortcoming is that there are currently no tires available in the sizes I need, so it looks like this will be the look for at least a month or so. Check out the pics and lemme know what you think!

Aloha, Dave

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mikey, Last I checked, they were on national back order... I'll check out the site.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
WOW! Those look awesome. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys. There are only a few new designs available in the XLT.

DAYTONA - 7-SPLIT SPOKE

ESSEN - MESH

TRIAL - 5 SPOKE

VARIANT - TURNED 5 SPOKE

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
[email protected] Dave. What are you doing to me over here. Just when I thought that know-one could make a wheel with a 4" lip in the rear. You've shown me otherwise. Sweet bro. Sweet. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I've never been a fan of black wheels until now.
Very sweet indeed :cheers: :jammin:

·
Registered
497 Posts
awesome wheels!

·
Registered
573 Posts
sweet stuff i think u forgot to put on the tires.. :rofl: haha..joking those are bad ass

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. Richie, the 4" lip was the seller for me. I had seen the iForged Trial at SEMA last year and was unimpressed, but when I saw pics of the Daytona, it was a sealed deal. I am 100% happy with these suckers.....wait till I get some tires on them!

Aloha, Dave

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Now that's top Quality Bling Bling. Very:coo:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Simply beautiful!! I really like those Daytona's!! Polished look good to, not as good though!

:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Man, that hyperblack finish is stunning. I am amazed that you are constantly getting iForge to push the envelope. I'd love to see them when you get some rubber wrapped around them.

Again- top notch! :guiness:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts