Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the new clutch in for a few months now. It was slipping badly so I had it ajusted per the suggestions on here and from Carolina Clutch and it got much better. I was happier with the clutch and it did great at the Mazdadrivers even at VIR last weeknd (driving school). Those are easy on a clutch anyway.

Sunday was nice out and me and about 30 buds met at Hooters for lunch then went cruising... getting on the highway I went to go from 3rd - 4th not getting on it and the car simply wouldn't go into gear... any gear. I pull off and with the car off it'll row through all the gears. I put it in first and try to start it... car lurches forward and dies... Fuck the clutch isn't disengaging.

I think it may be hydraulic, but the reservior is still full... then I say f it and get it going and get off the road in 1st... I can hear stuff rattling around inside the bell housing and the car is vibrating.

I had to call AAA and had the car flatbedded to the deler who put the clutch in. Carolina Clutch should be sending me a new clutch.

This really sucks... I haven't dragg'd the car or anything hard... plus I only have 370 rwhp.... wtf!

The flat bed dude knew how to do everything and there's not a new scratch on her. Car is sitting at Casey Chevy awating their Corvette only tech (who does all my warranty crap) to get back from Vacation this Monday....

Bleh.. :puke:

·
Registered
858 Posts
The world of LSx aftermarket clutches is a dark dreary one.

I had nothing but problems out of the RAM VDS 910 I put in my T/A..>Went back to stock LS6.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sorry to hear. That Aussie clutch is looking better everyday :yeadog:

·
Registered
741 Posts
that blows man!

Make sure this time is installed 100% Properly!

I absolutely love my twin exedy so far!

what ya gonna go with this time?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking into the Aussie clutch, but it has the steel flywheel. The LUK is the best clutch for me and I love the aluminum flywheel, but they've basically told me to go f' myself and don't want to send me a new clutch. I don't want to give them my money again.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Brian,

Sorry to hear about your clutch. Not a fun thing having it towed. :NoNo: BTW, in that picture of the car being flatbedded, is that your GF I see still in the car? :D j/k...trying to make your pain go away.

Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts