Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was thinking about getting the Shaner S2 TB but I'm a little hesitant because some people use it for a short time and then sell it. I don't get why they'd want to sell it when they say they saw and felt a positive difference. :-?

If you've owned an S2 and sold it- why did you sell it? Also, any positive remarks on the mod are welcome.

Is tuning required when you install the S2?

Thanks in advance,

Alex :)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
PULL THE TRIGGER :jammin:

It made a BIG difference on my H & C engine. You will feel the difference. It's always a good idea to get the tuning done, but you might want to do all your planned mods and THEN do the tuning. Tuning isn't cheap and you don't want to tune after every mod.

Only reason I sold mine was I went to a FAST intake and a 90 mm Fast throttle body.

I can't imagine anyone selling their Shaner S2 for any other reason, so I'll bet that's why they sell 'em.....bigger intake manifold and bigger throttle body.....always a new mod pops up :bang:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Chrisrokc said:
What kinda gain on a intake and HpTuners only car?
I make 374/362 on Haltech TRAP, S2, and MDMC Tune......worth the $150 bucks to me.........go for it! :thumb:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I didn't feel that much seat-of-the-pants gain. What I did feel was acceleration that was much smoother across the band. Aside from that, it's a work of art. Very glad I did it.

Al

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
It's a hand ported and polished throttle body with some other stuff done to it to make it the best one out there. Mr Shaner is a Texas Legend :cheers:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Yep, it's suitable for a stock engine. You'll feel the difference.
Lotsa guys report this.

You can do a search on this Forum under Shaner S2 and the threads should pop up.

Do a simple search under: Shaner S2 and the web address will pop up.

:cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your replies. This should be my next mod.

Alex :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts