Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I managed to put about 200 miles on my new Z06 this weekend, and this is what I learned.:) :-D This car is rock tight - no squeaks, rattles, noises, etc. :eek: The exhaust noise, as many others have stated, is pretty sweet. A nice low rumble at idle, and exotic sounds as the revs get higher.:) This car produces massive amounts of brake dust! Every time I came home from a drive, the wheels were cleaned, and I had many new black towels:D :D . The engine idles smoothly (much nicer than the LS1 in my 98 Camaro SS), and the transmission shifts as smooth as butter! All in all, I am quite pleased with the car, and other than an inoperative climate control system (I have to take it in this week to be fixed), the car is perfect.:eek: :)

Dave

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Dave, the best is yet to come! Enjoy! You are on the $$ regarding the brake dust. Hib was right as usual, FUBU69/LES;) :smile:

·
Registered
0 Posts
You're not helping my situation. I WANT ONE!!

Sherylann would kill me. Permanent member of manatee's DHC!! (Dead Husbands Club).

CONGRATS!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Zo6Crazy said:
This car produces massive amounts of brake dust!
Your not kidding! It's unbelievable how much brake dust there is, even after a single use of the car. The stuff even accumulates around the tail lights!

I don't think I would bother with the chrome wheels, with all this dust they'll look gray anyway.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Crazy,

Congrats on the new ride! The countdown begins to 500 miles and then look out! :-D

Mark

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Just over a thousand miles on "baby blue" and it just gets better. Passed a guy driving a Torch Red Vert and he almost went off the road when he saw it was an Electron Blue Z06. I let him stay beside me for a mile or two to check out the car then I gave him a wave and Hi Ho Silver - Away!!! :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Congrats on your new Z -- it sounds like your pleased :D.

I think this is the 2nd instance of a non-operational climate control system. Seems like there might be a bunch of them like that possibly (where was QA?!).

About the brake dust -- I'm wondering if the level of dust will go down after the brakes are seated in well. When new, there are alot of high spots and the pads are wearing fast on the high spots until the whole pad is good and seated. I noticed this on my coupe when it was new.

·
Registered
575 Posts
These stories are driving me nuts!:rolleyes:
Leave for FL one week from today to pick up the new ride. Should have her all broken in by the time I get back (about 1300 miles).
I guess I can wait one more week...but might need to slam a few :guiness: to help me along:grin: :grin: :grin:
Bob

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
fcalmes said:

Sherylann would kill me. Permanent member of manatee's DHC!! (Dead Husbands Club).

Hey who is the boss in your house, oh that's right your wife is. :p

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hey you guys, give Frank a BREAK!.....If I had to worry about Pierre's teeth sinking into my Johnson :eek: :eek: I wouldn't say anything to upset him!:-D :-D ;)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
fcalmes said:

Frank you know my man that a real sweet deal will be for your asking. Just testing the water. lol:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts