Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Codes please, very interesting

Hi there,
I would ask that you give me any codes in the BCM, PCM, or the IPC, as displayed on your DIC during code retrieval.
I am very interested on this one. Thanks
Best to you, c4c5

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Nothing conclusive here

Hi there,
Well, from the codes that werre given, you may have a tank sending unit issue, however, the 516 is a fault that your vehicle speed sensor which would indicate about 200 MPH.
I would be cautious about the next time this happens, and retrieve codes at that time, if there is a next one.
best to you, c4c5

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Possible

Yes, EMI, or electromagnetic interference could create this issue.
As for the solution, there are no preliminary documents on SI2000, nor any diagnostics listed for this condition.
I would expect that it could be an electronic glitch in the cetral logic board within the IPC, that could be the issue, as remember, the odometer reading comes from the BCM, and is fed into the logic module of the instrument panel cluster.
Anything is possible, and I feel that this one is very tough to diagnose without just taking a guess, and throwing an instrument cluster into the car. Not really fond at taking guesses, can you tell.??
Please keep us up to date, c4c5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.