Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm offering up a nice goodie for the support of the forum. As some of you may know, things are a little tight financially for the forum. Here's something folks might not have yet but may well want. I'll be sending it to JC so he may raffle it off to interested folks here. If you are into racing you may be into having this book I'm giving to the support of the forum. If you object to raffles or fund raising just stop reading now and move on to something more interesting to you... Intrigued folks should read on.

This is the book I'm giving the forum to in hopes it may raise a couple of bucks:

Chevrolet-Racing: Fourteen Years of Raucous Silence, 1957-1970 by Paul VanValkenburgh. Originally published in 1972, Chevrolet-Racing reveals the inside story of Chevrolet's early surreptitious involvement in racing, from 1957-1970 during the Automobile Manufacturers Association's ban on manufacturer involvement in auto racing.

This book tells the story of how Chevrolet probably acquired more technical knowledge of high performance than any other company in the world, yet they were never officially involved in racing. The book takes into account the story of hundreds of people involved in Chevrolet's secret racing activities, pieced together from recollections, slips, tips and discussions with many former employees.

Covering Chevrolet's engineering developments as well as the struggle to keep their activities secret, the book reveals the program's major accomplishments including:

Significant technical advancements including the aluminum small block engine, automatic racing transmissions, aluminum and fiberglass chassis development, overhead cam V-8 engines, and vacuum traction.
Computer simulation experiments
The designs of 74 cars, including Chaparral, Corvette, Trans-Am, Can-Am, Chevelle, Camaro, Corvair and many others.
Chevy's involvement with big names including: Roger Penske and Mark Donahue, Bruce McLaren, Smokey Yunick, and Jim Hall.

This book is over 300 pages, hardbound, and brand spanking new. Whether you are a Chevrolet, GM, or just plain racing fan, this might just be a great addition to your automobilia collection.
It might even double as a nice autograph book for those that capture that kind of thing at Corvette events.

This is my way of trying to help keep the Z06 forum alive and well. I leave it up to JC and Frank to decide how to raffle this off to interested folks.

Thanks for reading and hope this finds a good home. JC will tell folks with interest what to do.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
You never cease to amaze me oh fast one. :)

We need to get together, it's been awhile.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FRC Tom said:
You never cease to amaze me oh fast one. :)

We need to get together, it's been awhile.
You aren't kidding my friend. Maybe this weekend? If this storm passes...

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
1fastdog said:
I'm offering up a nice goodie for the support of the forum. As some of you may know, things are a little tight financially for the forum. Here's something folks might not have yet but may well want. I'll be sending it to JC so he may raffle it off to interested folks here. If you are into racing you may be into having this book I'm giving to the support of the forum. If you object to raffles or fund raising just stop reading now and move on to something more interesting to you... Intrigued folks should read on.

This is the book I'm giving the forum to in hopes it may raise a couple of bucks:

Chevrolet-Racing: Fourteen Years of Raucous Silence, 1957-1970 by Paul VanValkenburgh. Originally published in 1972, Chevrolet-Racing reveals the inside story of Chevrolet's early surreptitious involvement in racing, from 1957-1970 during the Automobile Manufacturers Association's ban on manufacturer involvement in auto racing.

This book tells the story of how Chevrolet probably acquired more technical knowledge of high performance than any other company in the world, yet they were never officially involved in racing. The book takes into account the story of hundreds of people involved in Chevrolet's secret racing activities, pieced together from recollections, slips, tips and discussions with many former employees.

Covering Chevrolet's engineering developments as well as the struggle to keep their activities secret, the book reveals the program's major accomplishments including:

Significant technical advancements including the aluminum small block engine, automatic racing transmissions, aluminum and fiberglass chassis development, overhead cam V-8 engines, and vacuum traction.
Computer simulation experiments
The designs of 74 cars, including Chaparral, Corvette, Trans-Am, Can-Am, Chevelle, Camaro, Corvair and many others.
Chevy's involvement with big names including: Roger Penske and Mark Donahue, Bruce McLaren, Smokey Yunick, and Jim Hall.

This book is over 300 pages, hardbound, and brand spanking new. Whether you are a Chevrolet, GM, or just plain racing fan, this might just be a great addition to your automobilia collection.
It might even double as a nice autograph book for those that capture that kind of thing at Corvette events.

This is my way of trying to help keep the Z06 forum alive and well. I leave it up to JC and Frank to decide how to raffle this off to interested folks.

Thanks for reading and hope this finds a good home. JC will tell folks with interest what to do.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Fast:

Thank you for your generous and thoughtful donation!

This place & it's members are the GREATEST!:cheers:

Zippy :) :)

H

·
0 Posts
Thanks

Your support is welcome. Sorry I called so late the other night, please give us a call. Haven't heard from you in awhile.

Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
many thanks

your the man .. thanks for the forum... its a great thinghere.. we all have .. thanks jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts