Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have an upcoming R8C it is really too bad that the plant has discontinued private plant tours for your delivery. The tour really is one of the big highlights of an R8C.

I finally got around to compiling my experiences while watching my 2002 Z06 being built as well as a great R8C delivery day.

My short story is certainly not a substitute for being in the plant 1st hand.

Check it out at www.hbscomputers.com/Z06

Joe

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
When did the private tours stop? I agree, we thought that was one of the highlights of our 8/23 delivery...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
:( :( :( :(

Is that supposed to help?
Now I am jealous of your trip and sad. But I have to say, that I am feeling better. The initial shock was a little much for me.
If only I didn't have the plane tickets and the days off work already.
At least I have toured the plant before. I guess I will have to come up for the z06vette fest in September to make up for this.

chris

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Joe:

Nice wrie-up on your Museum delivery! I'm now thinking of doing a Museum delivery for my next Vet. :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
GNX...........

Great show!!!!!!!!!.........
Thanks, IF I had a CLUE this was possible, I would do it in a heartbeat.........No pun intended...........
You were SO right on, about the dealers........what a shame........
You drop 50 large, and they treat you like camel dung..........
What a DRASTIC difference between them, and the PROFESSIONALS....at the Museum;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Great write up.. thanks for sharing.. very cool..

I will definetly do R8C on my next Vette (if I can ever part with the z once I get it). :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great story, unfortunately my NCM is 1 day AFTER they shut the tours down....I am bummed...CHrisJ and I are in the same boat...already got airleine tickets for me and my son and the days off...oh, well....one of life's little disappointments....can not complain too much....in 9 days I will be driving one of the American Dreams!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts