Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum:

These are just my thoughts about what the 50th Anniversary Corvette Color might be. I don't know anyone with any inside info.

I think its a little strange that Corvette discontinued White this year. White has been a color option in corvette ever since it started back in 53'. For 11 years (out of 49) of corvette it has been the most popular of that year (54,55,58,59,60,61,75,76,77,80,81). For the last 20 years it has almost always been in the top 3 to 4 selling colors for that given year.

Strange that Corvette would discontinue such a popular color (no white in 2002)..... unless they plan to bring it back for a special edition next year? Also noteworthy is that the first year corvettes (1953) were all "White" .

Maybe a correlation here? I dunno....?

Just my thoughts
Z49Z06

·
Registered
0 Posts
Z49 Z06 said:
These are just my thoughts about what the 50th Anniversary Corvette Color might be. I don't know anyone with any inside info.
The 50th Anniversay is going to be a Ruby Red Metalic. :)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
White is still avalb. in the Coupe and Vert just not the Z06. I just delv. a White and Oak coupe Sat. It was an awsome looking Vette.:)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys:

Thanks for the info. Ruby Red Metallic is my wife's favorite color on a corvette. Yellow is mine, but if the 50th is Ruby Red, then looks like Ruby Red it is !

If I can get a 50th from a dealer without too much Dealer Mark-up.

Z49Z06

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I talked to a fellow at the NCM this past year who works in the paint dept at BG and he hinted that the 50th will be a version of the Ruby Red...hope this helps.
BTW, I love RRM! :cheers:

Zipster :z: :z:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I like Verts also.....

so if the sun and moon line up the right way after the New Year I am going to order a 6spd 50th Ruby Red Vert for my wife and sell her new MY/blk/blk vert next summer. I will skip the Z06 for '03 and keep my '02 EB Z and wait for the C6. Even though there will not be a C6 Z for 18 months after the initial C6 intro, I know I won't be able to wait it out. Fubu69/Les:cool:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
You will also see a Black Metallic and a Gray Metallic on next years menu. No pewter I have been told.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
FRC Tom said:
You will also see a Black Metallic and a Gray Metallic on next years menu. No pewter I have been told.

Interesting Tom... I had not heard that.

Thanks for the heads up! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
ZO6 anna car???

I believe only the coupe and convertable will have the 50th color. Ruby red is for the 40th anna that has passed about 10 years ago. I think it will be a white gold color for the 50th is the golden annaversary . Driving the Electron Blue 2002 and enjoying life now.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I would have guessed white, with red int. Convertable. Special 50th Emblems, and maybe even the LS6 installed . Be interesting to see.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
A new color will be a red mist metalic

dropping the current metalic red. Look for a white with gold metalic color from Du Pont for the annaversary color.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Perhaps it will be one of those Mary Kay pink cars:puke:

·
Registered
183 Posts
id have to say that the nicest looking color in my opinion would be the Light Pewter Metal. It seems the most classy of all colors even if it isn't the fastest :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts