Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, my Z has undergone a bunch of changes over the last couple of months. It's now sporting a solid rear and a 2-speed Powerglide to put down all those ponies to the ground without breaking every 7 runs. I drove the new setup for the first time this morning. It's absolutely WICKED.

Went down to Neverlift Racecraft this morning to check out the car. Leo had it running so we took a little spin. This is what happened when we tried a little burnout:

I guess the brand new ET Drags full of air didn't grab well on a sandy street at 14 lbs of boost :lol: :lol: Notice how straight the patch is, though.

Here's a view that some of you Corvette Challenge Pro 8 racers should be getting used to :lol: :

Here are the new Weld wheels:

And here's a side shot:

From the outside, the car doesn't look much different than it did last year. I can even mount DOT tires in the rear. The car is SICK! I can't wait to get it to the track.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
paul two questions, where's your tail pipes? I'm guessing with the new rear a traditional catback wasn't gonna work so something has to get fabbed up? and do those tires stick out from the wheel wells at all, from the side it gives that impression, but the rear shot doesn't tell.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It's got that I mean business look. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tailpipes? We don't need no stinking tail pipes :lol: :lol: The exhaust doesn't extend all the way back any more.

The tread is within the wheel wells. The only thing that sticks out is about 1/2 inch of side wall.

P.S. The car was not even mini-tubbed

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
so this car is gonna be a nice 10.5 inch street class warrior...excellent...

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Very nice. I've been waiting to see the results of your project.
Looks killer. Keep us posted after you get it to the track. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Well, finally a Z that even my grandmother could drive at the strip. :lol:

Congrats, Paul, it looks like it's going to be absolutely awesome. :thumb: Having a car that you can launch and feel confident about not breaking will be a big relief. :yeadog:

Don

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don's right. It was obvious to me this morning that this car is gonna handle like your grandpa's Caddy. Just look at that burnout patch. It's perfectly straight. And this was on a sandy street and with the tires fully aired up. The car just took off and tracked straight as an arrow. Incredible what a properly designed suspension can do. Reminded me of the Super Gas Firebirds I was racing at Frank Hawley's drag racing school. They steered themselves. If you pointed the car straight down the groove, the car would go EXACTLY where you pointed it. The only time students got themselves into trouble is when they didn't line up properly or decided, for some reason, to move the steering wheel as they were making the pass.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Paul, The new sneakers look great. Looking forward to seeing you run it at the track..... :thumb: The side shot you took is great. The car looks incredibly mean!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! I hope to be running the car newt weekend at Englishtown. Every time I look at these pics I have to smile. I'm VERY happy with how it's turning out.

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
If that doesn't give you wood, you must be dead :lol:
Awesome, just awesome. It leaves a nice signature too :sneaky:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts