Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

Dropped my z06 off at cauley ferrari down here. They have certified stongard installers there. This is that plastic clear shield they put on over the cars that is very, very hard to see. The stuff should protect my paint, and give me at least some peace of mind. I cant tell you how paranoid I am when I drive the car. I hope this helps :)

Justin (the installer) took me around and showed me the product on the other cars there..its funny seeing guys so nonchallant about f350's etc just sitting there.

My corvette stays over the night, and I just bet its going to do some mounting tonight while the doors are closed :D. This has to be equal to me being allowed to stay at the playboy mansion over night LOL. I just hope the women arent too stuck up lol

Anyways ill keep you all updated on how the stuff looks.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Way To Go

KilrZ06

Sounds great, i've been thinking about this, pls keep us informed as to like, cost and so on...........

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem

Ill let you know as soon as I get it back!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone:

Just got back from Cauley Ferrari, and Justin who did my work, is excellent, and a great guy! He really likes the z06, and this is a guy who works on ferraris all day. Im not going to post here but he had some very kind things to say about our vettes in comparison with the ferraris. Very personable, honest guy.

You can not tell that the product is on the car unless you are looking for it, Its really great. If anyone lives in the area and wants to check it out, let me know. Id be glad to show it off. They said it takes around 4 weeks for it to really set, so I would wait till then to see the finished product. Right now, it looks really really good; im quite happy.

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Hey Travis... glad it turned out good for you. :)

You don't have any pics you can post or send in do you?

I, for one, would be interested in seeing the finished product. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am interested to know how this Stongard stuff (3m scotchcal) will be effected by Zaino. More specifically, if you have 5 coats of Zaino on the car, will it look like you have a deep shine on most of the car, but a dull or average shine where the Stongard has been applied??? Do multiple coats of Zaino have the same shine effect on scotchcal as they do on the clearcoat, that is the question.

~Paul

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good question, I guess ill find out :)

It was just driving me nuts worrying about the rocks. I know I can still get some, but this really helps me from being a basket case.

Ill let you know how the zaino story is.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Have them put a good extra dose of that stuff on the rear edges of the wheel wells and especially around the rocker panel below, and behind the real brake air inlet grill. Mine looks like someone has been sand blasting after 9,000 plus miles.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I had them do exactly that, I got some custom pieces put on those parts because they just get blasted.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have seen many cars that had plastic put on around the fender areas turn yellow over time, I would not put it on my car, over the years at my shops I have seen a lot of problems on high end cars. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thing about this stuff is it is made to withstand the discolerment. It has a lifetime warranty. Also, my car is yellow haha.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I appreciate the comments, I want to know the bad with the good.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, they stripped the car before they put it on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
So, what did it cost, huh, huh, huh? :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts