1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Did Pike's Peak in a rental car. It could hardly pull itself up there. It was a low compression V6. It looked like a Moon Scape and I felt like I was on the Moon. Not a lot of useable air at 14,000+. Great Pic's.

D.J.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great pictures :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Great Pics, thanks for sharing them! I'm trying to figure out where you took them, it looks kind of familiar, at first I was thinking Loveland pass, but that's just a wild guess! Please let us all know. TIA

Jim :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
God's country for sure :usa:

Great pics, thanks for sharing :guiness:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
novetteyet said:
Thanks guys. It's in Colorado, maybe 30 or so miles east of Walden.
Hey Jim, I'm guessing Cameron Pass, and that will probably be the N. side of Rocky Mountain National Park in the back ground.

BTW, nice pictures :yeadog:

Peelin' Out
Ted :cheers: :usa:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Beautiful pics! reminds me of my winter ski home near Keystone/Breckenridge Area. Gotta love those twisty mountain roads!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Sweet pics... everytime we go skiing out in CO or Utah our rental cars always suck and especially suck ass going around up there.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Sweet pics.

I don't know about 11,500 feet, but when I was down in California it felt like I had added a supercharger. The car was VERY strong.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nice pictures.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Very nice photos...Good scenery.....I wish I could take such greta pics....14K fet? Yikes.....YOu might be able to foot race your own car and beat it in the 50 yard dash! Hahahahahaha

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Wow, the Z sitting there with that background is beautiful. Those pics are a poster picture for the house waiting to be done. Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
z06_23_45 said:
I don't know about 11,500 feet, but when I was down in California it felt like I had added a supercharger.
I had the same experience driving at < 1000 ft. I was like, "Woah! Dude! That's serious!" The thing just unwinds insanely at low elevations.

I figure a nice C6Z will get me almost exactly to where most people are today with C5Zs :)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GR8 WHITE said:
14K fet? Yikes.....YOu might be able to foot race your own car and beat it in the 50 yard dash! Hahahahahaha
You can drive up to 14K ft in Colorado, but only in a few places. Those pictures are only about 11.5K - it's easy to find roads to that elevation.

Try running at 14K ft before predicting the results of any footraces :D

I sooooo want a factory turbo option with a fixed pressure wastegate.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts