Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the rear diff leaking the other day. It wasn't dripping on the floor so it wasn't bad enough not to drive. So tonight, I took her in. Now, I can't go to sleep knowing my baby is not at home. It's kind of like the feeling you have when your daughter goes out you can't help to feel helpless in protecting her from a guy that's going to take advantage of her.

Anxiety Anxiety Anxiety

I feel sick. :puke:

I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sorry to hear the Z's not at home. You'll feel better once you get it back and know everything is okay.

Alex

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Who'd you sign her over to?

Landshark? Bill Turd? Moonday? Loserstar? :p

(just kidding Mr & Mrs GM ;))

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
z06nut said:
I found the rear diff leaking the other day. It wasn't dripping on the floor so it wasn't bad enough not to drive. So tonight, I took her in. Now, I can't go to sleep knowing my baby is not at home. It's kind of like the feeling you have when your daughter goes out you can't help to feel helpless in protecting her from a guy that's going to take advantage of her.

Anxiety Anxiety Anxiety

I feel sick. :puke:

I'll keep you guys posted.
Yes Please Do !! Did they promise or do you know that it's parked inside tonight ? I know it's crazy :crazy: But Mine gets nervous if outside overnight :pp:
Seriously yours is the second one I have heard about with a drip...Put my Borlas on 1500 miles ago and it was dry but I better check my rear again soon I guess. :D
Before I go...I gotta rave again about that video of yours...it's simple superherb :thumb: Thanks Again :thumb: How many hours of raw footage went into that ?

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Hhhhmmm - if they treat you and your car right, I may send the Silver Goober over there for the computer issues I'm having.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maineyak_2000 said:
Yes Please Do !! Did they promise or do you know that it's parked inside tonight ? I know it's crazy :crazy: But Mine gets nervous if outside overnight :pp:
Seriously yours is the second one I have heard about with a drip...Put my Borlas on 1500 miles ago and it was dry but I better check my rear again soon I guess. :D
Before I go...I gotta rave again about that video of yours...it's simple superherb :thumb: Thanks Again :thumb: How many hours of raw footage went into that ?
Thanks, if you're talking about the racing one. We taped it in one day as we looked for clear highway. We had 2 cameras and the editing was done by Case or Amar. They did a great job putting it together. The video G put together had the run from a dig in slow motion so that you could see the full car lenghth he had on me. LOL
The My Ride video is just mostly pictures I put together.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RC45 said:
Hhhhmmm - if they treat you and your car right, I may send the Silver Goober over there for the computer issues I'm having.
Sorry Paul I saw a picture of you on the wall of hostile costumers. Your picture was poster sized. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
z06nut said:
Sorry Paul I saw a picture of you on the wall of hostile costumers. Your picture was poster sized. LOL
Damn - I guess they don't need the $2500 in warranty work then ;)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
z06nut said:
:lol:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
When I had this repair done to my Z, I was fortunate to have a dealer close by that has a Corvette only tech. He was very careful with the car and did not care one bit that I kept coming out to the service department and checking the progress.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Say there nut,
I definately feel your anxiety!!
I had the leaking dif repair done by an excellent dealer around here and the mechanic that worked on my car was much like Layne experienced. He didn't mind a bit my calls and actually welcomed them. And he didn't even take the cradle out, just did the driver's side. My car was in a total of a week though, several modules took a dump and all were replaced under warranty.

That was last Jan though. Been trying to get a heads/ cam package straightened out ever since. I have anxiety attacks now, be fine for a week or two and then I can't sleep for a week, then okay for awhile... :(

Should be better real soon though...........we'll see.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
I haven't had to leave mine overnight anywhere yet, don't want to even think about it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I can't stand to be away from my Z unless I know it is home and safe. On a different note, anyone know about how much the leaky differential fix is if you are out of warrenty?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
GOT MY BABY BACK!

With only 37 more miles on her. :flaming: :mah:

I asked them where in the hell did they drive 37 miles. I set both trip meters and wrote down my odometer reading before leaving it. They had a look of fear when I brought it to their attention. They agreed that is was excessive for the little work I had done. I told them that I would be calling the shop manager in the mourning. He said they would look at the cameras to see who drove it. There was no detailed message on the receipt as to why that many miles were put on my car. They seemed very concerned and promised to find out why it happened. Other than that every thing else was ok. They finished it in one day which surprised the hell out of me. I usually would have to leave my previous cars for weeks for them to even have time to look at it. My car was very dirty but some of that was because I drove it to the shop in the rain. It's going to take me awhile to get it back to where it was 3 days ago.

Well anyway, I had to relieve some built up stress on my way home.
I raced a GTO with a plate that read "Yer slow." His car sounded great as I passed him. I thought those GTO's were faster than that.

I'm happy she's home now. I'll look under her Friday when I give her a bath to see if the new seals are holding

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
oops. Sorry Tony. Forgot to tell you I was in town and used your car for transportation. Shop manager said it was ok since I knew you.:lol:

Seriously, I'd be POed myself! Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was all legit. I talked to the shop manager today. He told me the first seal that they installed was defective and it leaked. For some reason the new seal was larger than the shaft so it allowed the fluid to get by. So they rereplaced it with another. Additional drive time was needed. I'm very happy now that I know it wasn't some punk taking a joy ride. There's only one guy that worked on it. I'm glad he took the time to get it right.

Paul, they do good work and service manager and staff were great. Not only that the service department was open until midnight which made it real convenient. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Would you mind PM'ing me their contact info? - sounds like they did you good...

Wait, that doesn't sound right.. :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts