Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got home from a great couple of days hanging out with my fellow Z06 brothers and sisters. It was great to see some "old" faces, and to meet so many new folks. Rather than risk offending someone by leaving out a name, thanks to all, especially a certain lady and her cinnamon flavored devil brew :lol:

Also a special thanks to MikesZ06 for making the effort to introduce me around - you are the best!

And of course a big thank you to all involved in organizing an event of this size and doing such a great job! Also thanks to our sponsors, and of course to Adam and the whole NCM staff - you done good!!!

So it was all good - the friendshp, the tours and seminars, and the drag racing. I can;t wait to go again next year!

OK .. five exclamation points are my limit ... later :z:

Les

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Happy to hear you had a blast :cheers:

So how was the track the year?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kat,

Conditions were less than great .. very hot, very humid. They put some VHT down at the beginning and again about 1/2 way through, but I was having a lot of trouble getting my launch right (would either bog or spin, with only 300-400 difference in launch RPM - this was my 3rd time out with the BFG Drag Radials and my most inconsistent 60' times) and it got loose, real loose, almost every run in the first 1000' - I have never lifted that much on a track in my life.

I did manage an 11.6 on my 2nd run, not bad in the heat and conditions, but didn;t have a good run after that.

But it was fun ...

Les

Kat said:
Happy to hear you had a blast :cheers:

So how was the track the year?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats on the 11.6 :thumb:

Sounds like last year as far the prep goes :( I never hit the rev limiter so many times in my entire life.

I will still try to make it back next year :yeadog:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
ZO6/Les said:
Just got home from a great couple of days hanging out with my fellow Z06 brothers and sisters. It was great to see some "old" faces, and to meet so many new folks. Rather than risk offending someone by leaving out a name, thanks to all, especially a certain lady and her cinnamon flavored devil brew :lol:

Also a special thanks to MikesZ06 for making the effort to introduce me around - you are the best!

And of course a big thank you to all involved in organizing an event of this size and doing such a great job! Also thanks to our sponsors, and of course to Adam and the whole NCM staff - you done good!!!

So it was all good - the friendshp, the tours and seminars, and the drag racing. I can;t wait to go again next year!

OK .. five exclamation points are my limit ... later :z:

Les
It was great to see you again, Les!

Congrats on your runs. You won the trophy for the best N/A drag run of the day. Les will be sending you your trophy soon!!

See ya next year :jammin:

Mike

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Great to meet you Les and my wife Lori says she resembles that remark as Devil Lady with the Aftershock ! had agreat time watching everyone stumble around ! I won't let out about your secret lover :p

Wait till next year ! 3 bottles :eek:

Rob & Lori

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob and Lori - it was great to meet you two, and if I see either one of you with a bottle of Aftershock (an appropriate name BTW) in your hands I will be RUNNING the other way :drunken:

And as for my secret lover- thanks for that, we are still in the getting to know each other, experimenting stage of the relationship :jammin: :jammin:

Les

Rob1Vet said:
Great to meet you Les and my wife Lori says she resembles that remark as Devil Lady with the Aftershock ! had agreat time watching everyone stumble around ! I won't let out about your secret lover :p

Wait till next year ! 3 bottles :eek:

Rob & Lori

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Mike, thanks for that news .. I didn't expect the 11.6 to hold up, wish I could have been at the banquet to get the trophy. Next year I will plan better!

Les

MikesZ06 said:
It was great to see you again, Les!

Congrats on your runs. You won the trophy for the best N/A drag run of the day. Les will be sending you your trophy soon!!

See ya next year :jammin:

Mike

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
ZO6/Les said:
And as for my secret lover- thanks for that, we are still in the getting to know each other, experimenting stage of the relationship :jammin: :jammin:

Les

I totally understand :jammin:

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That, plus he hasn't agreed to shave his legs and be the girl yet, but he is weakening :lol: :lol:

Les

Rob1Vet said:
I totally understand :jammin:

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Les...great to meet you. Sorry about the "age insult" :blush: ...it was really meant as a compliment. I was really impressed with the job you did at the drags! Hope to see you next year. :cheers:

Case

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Case,

Great to meet you as well ...

Nobody kids around more than I do - trust me, I was NOT insulted .. I give as good as I get.

Les

case2307 said:
Les...great to meet you. Sorry about the "age insult" :blush: ...it was really meant as a compliment. I was really impressed with the job you did at the drags! Hope to see you next year. :cheers:

Case

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Leslie ... we need to get you out there next time :yeadog:

And congrat's to you for learning that the GTS is a 6 speed :rofl:

Les

blkZ06 said:
congrats on your drag win!

·
21,351 Posts
Les, nice to see you again! I must say, you know how to trake a car down the track! If I didn't know better, I would swear you've done it once or twice before! :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Great run Les, great to meet you and have a little fun...

Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts