Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just finished up claying down my wife's and was ready to mix up some Zaino. When I went to add the ZFX, nothing came out. It had hardened into a blob. So, my question is what's the shelf life of ZFX? I'm thinking that this was about 2 years old. Should I have kept it under better tempature control? Did I not close the bottle tight enough? Anyone else have this problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
I had my ZFX go hard on me after less than a year. I think it may have something to do with it freezing during the winter. My next batch of Zaino will be kept inside the house :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
itsaz said:
See your Dr. if it lasts for more than 4 hours! :D
:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,543 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me a while back....took less than a year and mine was indoors with the rest of my detailing gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,817 Posts
EFI-1 said:
I had the same thing happen to me a while back....took less than a year and mine was indoors with the rest of my detailing gear.
That stuff shouldn't freeze in Hawaii! :sneaky: :screwy: It's like, use it or lose it. More bottomline profit for Sal & family. :eek:: :bs:

Bob :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,543 Posts
rpallas said:
That stuff shouldn't freeze in Hawaii! :sneaky: :screwy: It's like, use it or lose it. More bottomline profit for Sal & family. :eek:: :bs:

Bob :-?
LOL...yep no freezing, just dried out. $20 or so bucks down the drain after only getting to use it once. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
pflynn said:
I had just finished up claying down my wife's and was ready to mix up some Zaino. When I went to add the ZFX, nothing came out. It had hardened into a blob. So, my question is what's the shelf life of ZFX? I'm thinking that this was about 2 years old. Should I have kept it under better tempature control? Did I not close the bottle tight enough? Anyone else have this problem?
Email Sal, I'll bet you he sends you a new bottle free. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just as a follow up I followed Itsaz's advice, called my doctor, a female, and told her that my ZFX was hard and it had been longer than 4 hours. I asked if there was anything that she could give me for it and she said that she had a Mercedes SL 500 in the parking lot and $500 dollars in her purse :D (Disclaimer: the above joke was stolen from some movie whose name I don't remember)

Really, I emailed Zaino's customer support and received a reply from Sal. In his reply he told me that the ZFX had a shelf life of about 18 months and listed the other products and their shelf lives. I believe that the polishes were listed at like 2 years. There was no offer of replacing the hard ZFX from Sal, but I didn't ask since my ZFX was over 18 months old. I'll probably by some more as I have plenty of Z2 and Z5 left and I did like the shine, but if you're thinking about trying Zaino know that this could be a problem. I was able to apply three coats every six months for three times before it went bad. As EFI-1 mentioned, 20 bucks is a lot to spend for for like 4ml only to have 2mls go bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,600 Posts
Funny thing... I lost a vial of ZFX like that too. Used it once, I thought I didn't cap it tightly because it was kept indoors.

Had to order another one to do my mom's car. I think I'll start using it more regularly just so I don't let it go to waste!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Adam said:
Adam's doesn't ever go bad. Truth be told. Consider the source, however.
So you can freeze Adams and it is still good when thawed? :crazy:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top