Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is just warming up here in KC and my neighbors are already flipping me crap about my lawn. What can I say, I take pride in it. Not the landscaping, just the lawn. The first picture is of my front lawn.

This one is of my lawn with the neighbors in the background so you can see how well mine is doing. hahaha My neighbors hate me. They come by and ask me what I do to my lawn. I tell them, I mow it. hahaha

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
I love well manicured lawns. I've got 2/3 of an acre which is too small to get a rider, but awfully large for a self-propelled walk-behind. However...I'm still young, so I do the walk every 4-5 days once the grass starts growing.

We've got bermuda here, which needs to be scalped every spring. Got 45 bags (40 gals) when I did it a few weeks ago. Took me half a day...literally.

But I enjoy a great looking yard. Probably a curse upon myself since cutting grass as a summer job as a teenager.

Norman, your yard looks awesome! :D What kind of grass is that? There's no way our bermuda down here would green up _that_ fast this early in the year.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice

Norman, your lawn looks great.
My next door neighbor is just like you. Great looking lawn, while mine looks like your neighbors'.
I had lawn service for a while and they sucked, so now I'm trying to do it myself. Last time I tried to fertilize it, I ended up burning it, so now no more fertilizer! Any tips you care to share would be appreciated.:cheers:

·
Registered
620 Posts
I, too, am a nut about my lawn.
Please share any tips.
Dave

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I'm nuts about my cars, I couldn't care less about my lawn. My neighbor has a fit because my lawn makes his look bad. :)

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
proexpert said:
I'm nuts about my cars, I couldn't care less about my lawn. My neighbor has a fit because my lawn makes his look bad. :)
:D :lol: Gotta have our priorities. If yours isn't your lawn, more power to you. There are only so many hours in the day.

Okay, you guys. I don't do anything special. I just fertilize, use premergent twice in the spring and once in the fall. I use some sort of product to loosen the soil since we have a high content of clay in our soil here. Get this, I actually treat my lawn in the cold weather. It works!!! When spring hits, your lawn will take off like crazy. That is why my lawn is already green and my neighbors is not.

I started with Kentucky Bluegrass. They use it a lot here but it really does terrible in heat. I immediately started aerating and overseeding with a fine/medium fescue. This will add the heat resistance and add even more disease resistance to the kentucky bluegrass. I always mow it at the highest setting. Even in the spring and fall. The height of the grass helps the roots go deep. Speaking of roots. The roots of fescue will seek water 3 to 4 times deeper in the soil than that of bluegrass. That is one reason why it is more drought and heat resistant. Larger bladed fescues are even more resistant due to the large number of veins that run in the blades. K31 is a very very robust grass but most people don't like the harsh feel or the thickness because it is hard on mower blades. That is why I recommend a fine or medium blade fescur mix.

I hope that helped out. This really is good for the environment that I live in here in KC. It might be totally different in your area.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You really should have a stone border around that tree!!!! then some nice white gravel for fill would just grive you neighbors nuts.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Norman, I live north of the river, Clay co. Talk about clay, there is maybe 1/2 inch top soil, then clay. Tough to grow anything. I agree on fescue, the bluegrass can't take the heat.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zoomin said:
Norm - follwed your recipe, and now I have to mow twice a week! :D
Sorry buddy. I didn't warn you about the accelerated growth. I mow mine every 3 to 4 days. :lol: :lol: :D :cheers:

She's looking good. You have that dark green luscious look. :cheers:

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
PerforminNorman said:

Sorry buddy. I didn't warn you about the accelerated growth. I mow mine every 3 to 4 days. :lol: :lol: :D :cheers:

She's looking good. You have that dark green luscious look. :cheers:
Yep...3-4 days here, too. I basically do what Norman does, and I've got nary a weed in my yard...but it takes the Bermuda grass awhile to get going sometimes. Within the last week its really starting to green up, though.

You _have_ to scalp bermuda, otherwise you'll develop thatch and that will stunt growth big time. But, I too, cut mine really high once the heat rolls around for good in June.

Again, Norman... looks great!! :D:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
In order to automate business, it is important to find a solution on how to create the correct algorithm's structure and to find a way to move to this structure from what there is. Transfer all calculations with formulas from Excel and program links between databases, transfer all of this to the available around the clock cloud services managemart with a good security system. Has anyone got experience in this field?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts