Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first ever post. I have monitored several forums for years now. Hopefully, I have gathered enough amount of info on what works and what doesnt. I never really modded my car because I did not have a reason to. As we all know, a stock Z can run with/beat anything. Anyways, I was experiencing the oil consumption blow-by problems, as many 01 owners do, on my car and this eventually led to a blown head gasket. Long story short, now that the engine has to tampered with, why not go all the way.
Luckily, I had met Lou Gigliotti at the world challenge race here in ATL prior to this and had told him that I may need his parts in the future. Well, the future is now. I have decided to do the following mods to my 01 Z, and all parts are now on order.

Complete Rebuild
G5X-3 @ 112 Lobe Cam
AFR 205s Heads (59cc mill) w/ comp 921 valves, springs, etc.
Multi-layer head gaskets
Comp R Roller Lifters
x-lb Fuel Injectors
Diamond Forged Pistons w/ Rings
Comp R Push Rods
ARP Rod Bolts
Pro Long tube Headers w/ RT Cats
Borla Stingers Cat Back
K&N Intake
Bosch 4-tip Platinum Plugs
Computer Tune by LGM
Fast Intake (Later)

T1 Sway Bars w/ endlinks
Biltstein Shocks (cant afford coilovers yet :))
Cobalt Spec-VR Brake Pads
AP 550 Racing Brake Fluid
Race Shifter

I hope it works :)
From what I have read, I expect approx. 460 rwhp 440rwtq. This will definitely become a track car, which is why I wanted to stay NA.

Just Happy to be here.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

Add Forged Rods to your list and you will have one strong motor.

·
Registered
198 Posts
PLEASE for the love of god take the bosch +4s OFF your list. I have never seen anyone including myself have a good experience with those plugs. I would never run a bosch plug in my lawn mower much less my Z. Get you a nice set of ngks and call it a day. Other than that your car will be pretty damn stout :zboobie:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Way to go Oh One .. ! When you jump into the "MOD" scene you go with both feet. :D

That should give a whole new feel to the handling and performance on your Z ... (and by new I mean fast). :thumb:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Was at a friend of mine's shop last wed, he was working on a truck that ran Bosch plugs; apparently they got hot and the electrode broke off on 2 of them and bounced around inside 2 cylinder's. Truck now needs a new motor, he says he see's this allot with Bosch plugs.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankx for the advice. I will get different plugs. The replies are appreciated. Im here to stay.

"I LOVE VIPERS...THEY TASTE GREAT!!"

·
Registered
971 Posts
Save your money on the Borla, it will give you nothing, besides ego and spend it on the Fast and TB. Do it once, do it right and then don't touch it. As some mentioned, I would not use thise plugs, but would use NGK TR55's.

Save your money on the shocks also.

Absolotely, get an LPE PCV catch can.

You are very smart to start from the bottom up.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What exactly is a "Race Shifter?"

When you say track, do you mean road course or drag?

Since there are other non engine things on there, how about Recarro seats, Sparco harnesses, and a roll bar?

Let me know when you get that beast down to Road Atlanta. I want to see it run.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
OhOneZOhSiXXX said:
IT L GO,

Forged Rods?

Let me know more/why/where from?

Thanks for the reply.
If your buying from everything from LGM. Work with Lou for a good price. :cheers:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice Grim. Unfortuantely I dont know what a catch can is (I'll have to look that up).

ack.Z06,

I meant Hurst. Sorry. Track = Road Atlanta. Actually, I am often at Road A with the PCA. The next DE is in June, but I dont think the ride will be ready by then. I have a few buddies who club race porsche and BMW, which is how I got into this. I see your from woodstock...I am actually right up the street from u (canton). I will definitely make it known when shes ready. Apparently the Heads and Pistons are on back order.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IT L GO,

I looked into it, and they are a bit much. Are they really that big of a difference? Have you heard of the stock ones breaking? Also, what about a forged crank?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts