Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great weekend at the track with NASA. There were about at least a dozen or more corvettes, half of which were Z's. The most impressive of those was David Farmer in a C6. He absolutely dominated the Thunder race. Meanwhile back in HPDE1 I had fun learning more about the car. My Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals performed flawlessly again as I now have 5 track days and over 5500 miles on them and they are just getting broke in.My instructor wrote in my passport " move to group 2". That will be fun to move up a level.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Agreed!

Great time out at the track and watching David Farmer mop up. I had an excellent time in group 2 and got signed off to drive solo which really helped my ability to concentrate. That said, a quick trip into the grass quickly reigned in my ego. Turn 12 is a tricky one!

I was there in my Yellow/Black Z and she performed flawlessly, and the Carbotech pads proved thier worth. Now I just need a good set of track tires for my stock rims.

Who all will be at Roebling Road?

Joe

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey there Hugh!

You're right, there was a good time had by many. I ran until I got tired, nothing broke and I stayed on the blacktop so it can't get much better than that.

See y'all at R/A next March!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I can't imagine how much fun Road Atlanta would be in a Z06. I have only done it in the Panoz (250 HP) cars.

How fast are you going before braking into turn 10a?

Turn 12 has to scare the $hit out of you if you hit it right. Is that little fall-away still there at turn-in?

You must have had a blast! :cool:

·
Registered
457 Posts
kmagvette said:
I can't imagine how much fun Road Atlanta would be in a Z06. I have only done it in the Panoz (250 HP) cars.

How fast are you going before braking into turn 10a?

Turn 12 has to scare the $hit out of you if you hit it right. Is that little fall-away still there at turn-in?

You must have had a blast! :cool:
;) If you stay on the throttle.. ~ 150 mph. before braking for turn 10A.

The "little fall away's" still there at the bottom of the hill before turning in to apex turn 12.

:p My student in group 2... had the Black... Super Performace Shelby Cobra with 460 HP. @ the rear wheels.

:D That car was a ROCKET coming out of the turns!!! :D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
150mph wasn't ina stock z06. I come humping down the back straight and I still only hit low 140's before having to brake.

Track is awesome but scary these days with all the barriers of concrete. I was running in tt in gr oup 3 in the eb z06.
Lost a few wheel weights so car never felt good as vibrations were driving me nuts.

RA is a fun track but still love VIR the best.
:jammin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Turn 10a

My rookie self topped out in the high 130s on the back straight...quite scary going over the little ridge and feeling the car getting light at those speeds. Will try to drive a little deeper into the turns next time...pride comes before the fall!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts