Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a gas getting back on the track. I did a total of seven track sessions, six in hpde1 and one in hpde2. The hpde2 sessions was awesome as I had the head instructor with me, who has formerly raced in SpeedWorld Challenge. He probably felt like we were standing still as he constantly encourged me to push harder than I was. That was the last session on Saturday and on Sunday I did go faster. By the last session Sunday Wayne signed off on me so I got to solo it. I went over 130 mph down the backstraight and turned laps under 2 minutes. I did not get passed in my last two sessions and felt good about that. New street tires,(Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals) stock brake pads and fluid all must go before August and the next NASA event at RA. There must have been a dozen or so Z06's that weekend. Hopefully I'll get bumped up to hpde2 for next time and be looking for that Viper to get my lunch and doors back.(He ate it and blew them off) Like Arnold said,I"ll be back"!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Be careful riding with Bill... he likes to eat motors.
:bang:

It was a good time. They are a great group to run with.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
With good pads/fluid and a set of Kuhmo V700s on a stock Z06 you should be able to break 1:50. You will have fun getting there.... :bang:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts