• Maybe, depends on other cars who show up

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NASA is trying to get more going in it's time trail series.
As some of you may know they run transponders so every lap is timed and the whole weekend is run like a HPDE.
Group 4 with more liberal passing,etc.. for advanced drivers is where most TT cars go.

They have 4 weekend events really left:
8/13 - Road Atlanta
9/2 Snowshoe Hillclimb
9/25 Roebling Road
10/22 Rockingham

If they had a shootout with some sponsor $$'s a championship, and classes were simple would you come??
Simple classes meaning based on rwhp to weight ratio and probably only 6 total classes.

I would think we could get a full bore group in the top class to have a porsche, viper, vette shootout.

As a side note NASA is probably one of the best groups to run with period. Well run, ton's of track time, and you get to see races the same weekend you are HPDE.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alot of views but not much voting. I guess most folks not in the SE.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well at least that's one besides me.
;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Time Trials would invalidate any insurance claim you might be able to make if you have an accident. I don't see me putting my street-legal, insured car on track for a timed event. HPDE's, as far as my agent tells me, would be covered. Any timed event or "racing" with prizes would not be covered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NASA SE is a great group. Good amount of track time. I went to the Rockingham event a few months ago. The highspeed banked corner is an exceptional rush. I would estimate in the neighborhood of 2gs with Hoosiers.

Another great group is Viper Days. They put transponders in every car, and grid according to your times in the last session, resulting in more clean laps. Except for the Competition Coupes, we will prevail over the vast majority of Vipers on most courses. For advanced drivers, friday is open lapping, with about 4 hours of track time. Viperdays.com.

Also the SVT Cobra club likes us to come out, and they are a great bunch of folks. You pass them and wave, and they wave back. Sometimes at the the German car events it feels like they are giving "pass by's" with their middle finger.

I would love to see more Vette events. I go through 20 sets of rotors and pads for every wax job. These cars were not made just to polish. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I know there will be several big dogs at Road Atlanta in a few weeks.

Next year I may just do alot more viper days events. Need to be closer though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts