Does anyone know if NASA allows us to tech inspect our own cars for HPDEs? I know they have their own tech inspection station to check for the simple stuff like lug nut torque. But do they require you to have it "officially inspected" prior to that?
You can do the tech inspection your self in Oh/In region if you are capable. Bring the completed tech form to registration on the first day. At some events they will do a quick inspection when the HPDE cars are in the lines waiting to go out.
- Points to remember that some forget.
- Take out all loose items in the car. Including floormats, things hanging from rear view mirror, things in rear area (Tire inflator kit), etc.
- Make sure the positive battery terminal is covered.
- Take off wheel center caps.
- Torque the lug nuts to make sure all are tight. I know you just drove 1000 miles on them... Just check them.
- Do all of the normal Z06 extras. (Extra quart of oil, etc)
DEpends on what group you are in. Being an instructor I will usually always still once over my students cars as there is always something that slips through.
Usually emptying and locking glovebox or turning off passenger airbag (I have full face helmet).