Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to make sure that all of you FRC folks are also invited to the Z06 Fest next Fall since you are also a part of the Z06 heritage. :cool:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Appreciated

Its appreciated that they are recognizing the FRC, but what I'm trying to express about the FRC, is similar to what they expressed on a show on TV about two days ago. I feel that the hardtops for these two years are like the split window '63 coupe. Performance wasn't the issue, like the '67 and '66 Corvettes. It was the styling and the fact that it was first of the series leading towards the competitive end.

There's no doubt in my mind, that GM wanted to get a feel for the body style before they came out with the Z06. They knew it was going to be limited to a certain market. Let’s face it, GM widened their profits by adding a badge and mods and made their profit margin much greater. Not like when they came out with the 427 which was a totally different block.

So, what they actually did was get a feel for the hardtop to see if it would out-sell the coupe or vert, knowing that they would keep the hardtop for the Z06 series, until they revamp their factory for the new body style. Don't forget, GM and other manufacturers plan 10 or more years in advance and they do things very slowly so they can generate sales and offer something different each year. Marketing is very easy to figure out once the car has been out for five years.

We need a performance series to keep the Corvette legend alive. That's why the FRC for 1999-2000, to collectors, is going to be your rare....rare model. Just think, 6,000 of them were made, and how many of them are raced, crushed etc, and through the years the numbers will decline. No one is actually going to store this car for posterity. But watch what happens over the years when they start to diminish. Just like the ZR1. There's people racing them, modifying them, some are wrecked, some are totaled out, but there are few that see them as investments for the future right now. The '99-2000 hardtop and ZR1 will be classified with the Cobra, '67 L88, Cuda Hemi, '63 split, '57 fuely and the '69 427. Not only for performance but also for design and production.

So I appreciate you inviting us to join the Z06's, but I think it should be separated like the ZR1's to there own section, once there. It would be a better point of interest for collectors, enthusiasts, sponsors, vendors etc. You have to realize also that we are growing globally, and even though there is higher production now, opposed to the '50's and '60's, the number of people of wanting Corvettes is relative to the times, thus relative to the amount produced.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Re: Appreciated

fatherlarry said:

The '99-2000 hardtop and ZR1 will be classified with the Cobra, '67 L88, Cuda Hemi, '63 split, '57 fuely and the '69 427. Not only for performance but also for design and production.
I don't have 30-35 years to see it happen, do you?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
fcalmes said:
We want to make sure that all of you FRC folks are also invited to the Z06 Fest next Fall since you are also a part of the Z06 heritage. :cool:

Thanks for the gracious invitation!

Unless work puts me in the vicinity I doubt I'll be able to attend. There's always the off chance though.

Having ALL the hardtop fans there together should prove to be fun.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: NCM Z06 Fest

1fastdog said:

Unless work puts me in the vicinity I doubt I'll be able to attend. There's always the off chance though.
I will call your boss and make sure you are there!! :p We need you!! :D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hello!

I thank you for the invite, this sounds like it will be the best of the best. I'm going to try to make it. Have it blocked off and have put in for vac at work.

Thanks again.....

Ernie

·
Registered
884 Posts
I plan on being there! Had a great time at the C5 registry Birthday bash.

·
Registered
902 Posts
All FRC drivers who served in Viet-Nam should join the Z06 Viet-Nam Vettes at BG for Z06 Fest....you're all part of it!

WELCOME HOME!! Did it ever sound as sweet?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the invite will try to make that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts