Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my Z06 it came with a video in a red sleeve with 2002 Corvette written on the sleeve spine, and Corvette (the crossed flags) and 2002 at the bottom. the tape itself has a red label on the top with 2002 Corvette on it. It is a tape for a regular Corvette. Nothing on a Z06.
After reading posts from members I realized I did not have the same video they had. So I ordered one from a guy that showed me a pic of the one'd he had and the label on the top of the tape had 2002 Corvette Z06 on it.
So I get the tape today in the mail, open the box and there is what appears to be the EXACT tape I got with my car. Same red sleeve with 2002 Corvette on it. NOTHING on the outside with Z06 on it. I am NOT going to open it, but those with both a Z06 and regular Vette, or anyone else that can shed some light on this subject, are the tapes in the identical box, but different inside? Or did the guy send me the wrong on? (I emailed him in the mean time.)
If so, now I can see how dealers get them screwed up!!
thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just picked up my 02 zo6 on sat. The tape box is red and just says corvette 2002 on it. The tape itself has a red label and says 2002 corvette. The only thing that says z06 on it is the program card located inside the box. My video has alot of info just on the z06, including development and info on a race setup for your car. Tapes are different... Bottom line: you will have to open the plastic to see what you have got. Hope this helps!!!

Good luck, Mac

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GOT IT

Just spoke to the guy I got the tape from (he is a seller of automobile literature etc.) and assured me it was the Z06 tape. i opened it and YIPPPEEE I got the right tape.

But what a stupid thing to do keeping the covers for these 2 tapes the same:-?

Now I KNOW what happened with mine. It got lumped into the Corvette pile at the dealership and with them all looking alike, I got a RED box!

I'm happy now:D

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW Nice Box Frank

Boy did us 2002 guys get a bum deal on the box for our videos.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: WOW Nice Box Frank

fcalmes said:

I'll trade you my 2001 video WITH BOX for your 20 extra horsies!! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was almost ready to do it, but I've got headers coming soon:D

·
Registered
508 Posts
2002 box

2002 is a lot different. Simpler box. Maybe because we are not "original" year? :( Man! now all the fun is gone

:p NOT heh heh

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Mine is a Red Box w/out anything bearing the name Z06 on it, just Corvette-cross flags and 2002. When opened I pulled out card that read 2002 Corvette Z06 owners Vidio pragram Card. I had the right tape.

Also the tape will be labeled in Red 2002 Corvette Z06.

Don't throw away that window sticker as it is an important piece of the cars history also. These things mean a lot when the car gets older and collectors or restorers start searching for original
owners,build sheets,window stickers or documentation. I'm a member of the NCRS also and check out www.ncrs.org under archives and read what they have posted over the past year on previoous owners info,documents and build sheets or tank stickers.

I still have my original 1990 ZR1 window sticker and all the paper work when I bought it in 1990 but can't find the car. I've posted the VIN and info on the ZR1 Club web sight but have gotten nothing. I've concluded the car must have been wiped out or is stored somewhere untitled.

Don't be shocked if 20/30 years from now you get a call from an ncrs member that has your car and wants to know if you have the tape,window sticker etc. is.

Start a history on the car if you can. I've been contacted a couple times by restorers who had some cars had many moons ago and was shocked at how many people bought the cars after I sold them and how many states the cars had been Titled in. Not to mention the modifications to the cars and color changes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts