Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Need 2 2001 OEM Z06 Front Rims to put drag tires on.

Would love to get them in Colorado, but need something pretty quickly.

Thanks, TJ

·
Registered
881 Posts
Tony: I am doing the same thing. I can't hook up at all at Bandimere on the F1s. I already have an extra set of 4 wheels. What tires/size are you planning to get? I would like to do the 315/17 BFGs but they are a little wide for the front rims. Almost thinking I should sell my 4 OEM rims and buy a wider pair of 17" CCWs for the drag tires??

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RalphP said:
Tony: I am doing the same thing. I can't hook up at all at Bandimere on the F1s. I already have an extra set of 4 wheels. What tires/size are you planning to get? I would like to do the 315/17 BFGs but they are a little wide for the front rims. Almost thinking I should sell my 4 OEM rims and buy a wider pair of 17" CCWs for the drag tires??
I went ahead and ordered a set of the MT Street Radials in 275 45 17. They should fit fine on the front 17s and are supposed to be pretty good. I like the idea of being able to drive them on the street if necessary. If you go BFG, I think they actually make a drag radial in 18", though you won't have any sidewall... I ran mine at Club Clash, last night and had no traction in first on the SCs and lost a little in second and third... Still had a decent night, making it to the third round before getting beat by a turbo diesel that dialed within 1/1000th of his run. Dooh...

·
Registered
881 Posts
TonyJ said:
I went ahead and ordered a set of the MT Street Radials in 275 45 17. They should fit fine on the front 17s and are supposed to be pretty good. I like the idea of being able to drive them on the street if necessary. If you go BFG, I think they actually make a drag radial in 18", though you won't have any sidewall... I ran mine at Club Clash, last night and had no traction in first on the SCs and lost a little in second and third... Still had a decent night, making it to the third round before getting beat by a turbo diesel that dialed within 1/1000th of his run. Dooh...
Tough luck running into "Turboman". I lost in the second due to overexuberance and massive wheelspin in 1st and 2nd! What team are you on? We should hook up at the next race. I'll probably be at Test&Tune this Weds too. :cheers:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RalphP said:
Tough luck running into "Turboman". I lost in the second due to overexuberance and massive wheelspin in 1st and 2nd! What team are you on? We should hook up at the next race. I'll probably be at Test&Tune this Weds too. :cheers:
I was parked with a bunch of f-bodies just south of the concession stand (before the quick 16 trailers...) I think I saw your car pass by a few times. Were you parked over near Dragon? I saw another black Z over there too.

CSMA is having a track day next Wednesday, before T&T, that starts at 8:30 and goes all day. There will only be about 60 cars and we get to run at will. Last year a guy got in 26 runs... It just costs $65 for the day, and usually they let us stay for T&T, if we want. There will be enough spots left, so you can pay at the gate if you want to run. I'll PM my cell number.

Here's another link for more info:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548210

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I race with GPC racing, a bunch of young guys I met racing my Z28 last year. It's a good team.

·
Registered
881 Posts
TonyJ said:
I was parked with a bunch of f-bodies just south of the concession stand (before the quick 16 trailers...) I think I saw your car pass by a few times. Were you parked over near Dragon? I saw another black Z over there too.

CSMA is having a track day next Wednesday, before T&T, that starts at 8:30 and goes all day. There will only be about 60 cars and we get to run at will. Last year a guy got in 26 runs... It just costs $65 for the day, and usually they let us stay for T&T, if we want. There will be enough spots left, so you can pay at the gate if you want to run. I'll PM my cell number.

Here's another link for more info:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548210
That sounds great but I probably won't have the Vette until at least 5:00 if at all on Weds since it will be in for gears. I may show up for Test&Tune in my Audi though.

Mine was the only black Z parked by Dragon. We were just East of the staging lanes towards the South end, or beginning of the lanes. We are a bunch of losers, but hopefully we will improve. Heck, it is mostly about having fun and going fast anyway.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still looking for '01 fronts...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found a pair.

Thanks, TJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts