Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of ANY corvette tuners or tuning shops that are familiar with tuning vettes within 200 miles of the san francisco bay area? The only tuners around here tune bimmers and honda's. PLEASE HELP! thanx Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i guess someone would make a small fortune opening a vette shop in the area....Closest one to me would be andy but thats over 5 hours away speeding!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I would like to know as well.
So far I hear Nick @ Newtech in Hayward is probably our best bet. Maybe we can get a group discount is we gather a few people????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Yeah, actually there are a lot of good places. It would probably be better to know a closer ball park radius than 200 miles of the SF Bay Area. My take is that you'd be going there a lot if you are happy with the work and 200 miles is a LONG way to go!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Dyno Labs
25 Beta Court unit N
San Ramon, CA 94583
(925)831-8240
www.dynolabs.net

Ray Razon

About a year ago, I spent the better part of a day at his shop. This guy does meticulous work. He also races Corvettes.

Another is

Northstar
190 Calderon Ave
Mountain View, CA 94041

650-969-3134

David Bonar

He also races Corvettes. He does great work.

Ones I have HEARD are good but have no direct experience is
Valaya Auto
1854 Almaden #1
San Jose, CA

408-448-8811

Ted May
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
600hpIsntEnough,
I had my tune done at Synergy in Fremont :D

I was at Synergy yesterday talking to Rick about a Dyno day :yeadog: Rick just purchased a "NEW" Dyno, it should be there within a week or so.

Rick did a head and cam on my buddie's coupe (Very nice)

Here's a link, his website is still under consrtuction.

http://www.synergymotorsports.net/

P.S. I've been to Nick's in Hayward (Newtech)for a dyno day, no tuning.
Let me know when and where, and I'll be there :yeadog:
See Ya,
M.O.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Isn't it great to be able to access the almost huge collective experiences of folks on this board? Pretty soon you might find someone in your neighborhood that you won't hardly have to travel at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Try Andy @ A&ACorvettes.

He has the best service of any shop that I've worked with over the years. Even if the drive is over 200 miles for you, it would be worth it. :cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
viper1 said:
Try Andy @ A&ACorvettes.

He has the best service of any shop that I've worked with over the years. Even if the drive is over 200 miles for you, it would be worth it. :cheers:

I agree, A&A is probably the best on the west coast.

I have never heard a bad word about A&A they do great work :thumb:

They are to far for a basic tune. That's why I went with Synergy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ruking1 said:
Dyno Labs
25 Beta Court unit N
San Ramon, CA 94583
(925)831-8240
www.dynolabs.net

Ray Razon

About a year ago, I spent the better part of a day at his shop. This guy does meticulous work. He also races Corvettes.

Another is

Northstar
190 Calderon Ave
Mountain View, CA 94041

650-969-3134

David Bonar

He also races Corvettes. He does great work.

Ones I have HEARD are good but have no direct experience is
Valaya Auto
1854 Almaden #1
San Jose, CA

408-448-8811

Ted May
hey man thanks for the info. Ray actually did my engine install. but dyno labs unfortunatley shut down for unknown reasons. Synergy sounds like the spot. You should come with us when we go. will be lots of fun! once again thanks for the help. Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
LOL Synergy is a half mile from my house and I didn't even know them!!!

Thanks Morzoff for the link :)

:cheers:
Geoff


Morzoff said:
600hpIsntEnough,
I had my tune done at Synergy in Fremont :D

I was at Synergy yesterday talking to Rick about a Dyno day :yeadog: Rick just purchased a "NEW" Dyno, it should be there within a week or so.

Rick did a head and cam on my buddie's coupe (Very nice)

Here's a link, his website is still under consrtuction.

http://www.synergymotorsports.net/

P.S. I've been to Nick's in Hayward (Newtech)for a dyno day, no tuning.
Let me know when and where, and I'll be there :yeadog:
See Ya,
M.O.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
If you are looking for a local tuner your best bet is Nick at newtech. He has the most experience. If you are willing to travel I hear andy at A&A is really good, but otherwise I wouldn't trust anyone else. I have seen and heard a lot of bad things about the other tuners. Nick also will put in a lot of extra time and advice without charging. He has tuned many of my cars and all of my friends cars with NO problems. Just my .02
-matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
I had mine tuned at Nicks, like Matt. Very happy customer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
Polar Bear said:
JUST STAY AWAY FROM COURTESY CHEVROLET
Oh, you bitter man!!! :p Just kidding :D

I wouldn't go there, not after all the crap they were trying to feed me about the C6 when I went to check them out...

Geoff
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
Polar Bear said:
I heard good things about Nick too

JUST STAY AWAY FROM COURTESY CHEVROLET
Polar Bear,
What ever happened with that? I know they F#$%ed up your car, did they make it right?
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top